View Full Version : Man found dead in downtown OKC

metro
07-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Man found dead in downtown

Brian Sargent
A 52-year-old man was found dead in downtown Oklahoma City this morning, police said.
The man's name has not been released pending notification of his next of kin. Police identified him as a transient.

The body was found about 6:30 a.m. in a flowerbed at N Robinson Avenue and Robert S. Kerr Avenue, said Oklahoma City police Sgt. Gary Knight.

A cause of death has not been determined, Knight said, but police do not suspect foul play.

davido
07-15-2006, 04:27 PM
looked like he was taking a #2 and died. I hope I didn't know him, I try to be nice to the street people, and give them food when we have extra.

1Adam12
07-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Man found dead in downtown

Brian Sargent
A 52-year-old man was found dead in downtown Oklahoma City this morning, police said.
The man's name has not been released pending notification of his next of kin. Police identified him as a transient.

The body was found about 6:30 a.m. in a flowerbed at N Robinson Avenue and Robert S. Kerr Avenue, said Oklahoma City police Sgt. Gary Knight.

A cause of death has not been determined, Knight said, but police do not suspect foul play.
It would not surprise me if he died of heat stroke. Sometimes these transients do not take care of themselves when it gets this hot.

Patrick
07-15-2006, 09:10 PM
I had one stumble into the ER and the VA a few nights ago. Most transients aren't in good health, and many are suicidal and on drugs. Could be anything from an overdose, to heat stroke, to severe withdrawal from alcohol.

OklaCity_75
07-15-2006, 11:06 PM
I am sure they were joking about this but.....

One of my Emergency First Aid instructors told us to never force out a BM.

The effects from it can cause you to have a heart attack.

Maybe that was the cause of death.

All three paramedic instructors told us they had responed on a number of cardiac calls where they found the paitent on the stool.

Is this fact or fiction Patrick.