View Full Version : Need help on finding a Bricktown business!

Lauri101
07-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi all,

As many of you know, I am the Chapter President for National Treasury Employees Union. In September, we want to have our annual meeting/lunch somewhere in the Bricktown/downtown area. We need a space for approximately 150 people and we'd like to keep the cost to $10 per person.

We've checked at some of the "name" places - Spaghetti Warehouse, Chelino's, Bricktown Brewery, etc, but they either don't have the room or are way over our price range. We're just a non-profit group existing on a budget from dues which is shoestring at best.

The big venues - like Coke Event Center, Montgomery Event Center, etc, want a huge amount for the room rental, plus $20 head for food.

Help! We need to keep it close by so our members don't have to give up their parking places. Our office is on Robinson next to Colcord, sowe're open to suggestions for walking distance/trolley ride in any direction.

thanks in advance!

ksearls
07-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Hi,

You might try checking all the places listed at www.downtownokc.com under event and meeting space. I must warn you, $10 per person is going to be tough anywhere in OKC.

metro
07-13-2006, 10:09 AM
I agree Kim, $10 a head for a large group is going to be hard, especially downtown, in Bricktown. At least with lunch, you can get smaller portions/price. I suggest looking at all parts of downtown including MidTown or the Arts Quarter. Cafe' do Brasil could do it under $10 but I'm not sure about how many people they could hold. You might also check with the Colcord Hotel as they hopefully will be open by September and so will their restaurant, Soleil.

Lauri101
07-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks Kim and Metro - good ideas from both.

We've done some budget adjusting and I think we'll be able to go with $15 a head, which opens up some more possibilities.