View Full Version : Culkin pleads not guilty

Patrick
10-14-2004, 08:42 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that someone can be caught in the act but still plead not guilty. Oh well, he'll be found guilty. I mean, the evidence was on him.

--------
"Actor pleads not guilty

From Staff Reports

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Former child film star Macaulay Culkin pleaded not guilty Wednesday to two misdemeanor charges of drug possession.
Culkin, 24, appeared briefly in Oklahoma County District Court to hear a judge read the charges against him.

The actor was charged Sept. 20 with possession of marijuana and the prescription anxiety drug Xanax. He was arrested after a traffic stop near Interstate 44 and Kelley Avenue.

Culkin was a passenger in a car police pulled over for speeding and improperly changing lanes. Police found the drugs when they searched the car, which Culkin and a friend were driving from New York to Los Angeles.

Culkin is free on $4,000 bail. "

mranderson
10-14-2004, 09:09 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that someone can be caught in the act but still plead not guilty. Oh well, he'll be found guilty. I mean, the evidence was on him.

--------
"Actor pleads not guilty

From Staff Reports

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Former child film star Macaulay Culkin pleaded not guilty Wednesday to two misdemeanor charges of drug possession.
Culkin, 24, appeared briefly in Oklahoma County District Court to hear a judge read the charges against him.

The actor was charged Sept. 20 with possession of marijuana and the prescription anxiety drug Xanax. He was arrested after a traffic stop near Interstate 44 and Kelley Avenue.

Culkin was a passenger in a car police pulled over for speeding and improperly changing lanes. Police found the drugs when they searched the car, which Culkin and a friend were driving from New York to Los Angeles.

Culkin is free on $4,000 bail. "

Standard operating procedure. Very few people plead guilty. Culkin will probably pleasd down and get a fine.

Patrick
10-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Most likely! Afterall, he's a star!

mranderson
10-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Granted, he IS a "star." However, I do not think he will get a fine just for that reason.

It is his first arrest, so he is not a repeat offender. It is not a felony so the joint is not in his immediate future. Three. He lives out of state and is not a risk.

He could be Arnold Hammar for all they care.