View Full Version : Crossroads construction??

SoonerDave
07-09-2006, 08:33 PM
All:

I was at Crossroads over the weekend, and noticed survey stakes all over the place, and a rather large region of the SW parking lot (roughly between JC Penny's and Best Buy) was cordoned off with flags/caution tape. It looked very much like they're preparing for some substantial construction.

Wondered if anyone knew any details? I thought they just might be resurfacing the parking lot, but then I realized you wouldn't have survey stakes all over the property for that.

It may be nothing, but even the hope of something new at Crossroads sparks my optimism.

-SoonerDave

p.s. It appears someone has taken over the old Luby's property - there's a sign up that says "Coming Soon - Zeke's Restaurant." Also, the "macy's" signs are up at Foley's, now covered by temporary banners until the unveiling becomes official.

SoonerDave
07-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Well, turns out this was a red herring. The flags on that area of the parking lot are gone as of today (Tuesday). Just the survey stakes remain.

Sigh. Hope dashed.

-SoonerDave

metro
07-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Obviously they were surveying something though. Perhaps someone can call mall management?

Flatlander
07-12-2006, 10:12 AM
It could be the new interchange I-35&I-240 the state will be taking a small portion of that area for construction,Im sure someone will have better info Im just guessing

metro
07-12-2006, 10:35 AM
very true