View Full Version : Citizen's Fire Academy

Keith
07-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Hey everyone,

The Oklahoma City Fire Department is once again offering the Citizen's Fire Academy class to citizens of Okla. City. This class allows you to go behind the scenes of the OCFD, and learn more of what your tax dollars are being spent on.

This is an eight week class, and they meet every Thursday evening from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM., until October 26th. The best thing about this academy, is that it is free. However, you still have to apply to be accepted in this class. I know that mranderson and myself have gone through this class and got to experience some things that the common citizen does not get to experience.

If you would like to apply for this class, please PM or e-mail me at keith@okctalk.com., and I will e-mail you an application and more information..

1Adam12
07-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Hey everyone,

The Oklahoma City Fire Department is once again offering the Citizen's Fire Academy class to citizens of Okla. City. This class allows you to go behind the scenes of the OCFD, and learn more of what your tax dollars are being spent on.

This is an eight week class, and they meet every Thursday evening from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM., until October 26th. The best thing about this academy, is that it is free. However, you still have to apply to be accepted in this class. I know that mranderson and myself have gone through this class and got to experience some things that the common citizen does not get to experience.

If you would like to apply for this class, please PM or e-mail me at keith@okctalk.com., and I will e-mail you an application and more information..

The Citizen's Fire Academy is one of the greatest ways that citizens can learn about the Oklahoma City Fire Department. There is also the Citizen's Police Academy, which is a great way to get to know more about how the Oklahoma City Police deparment operates.

I urge all of you to get involved in your community as much as possible, and know more about what your local police and fire department does.

This is an excellent program, and I highly recommend it.