View Full Version : Hornet's roster changes significantly for 06-07

metro
07-06-2006, 09:40 AM
I guess we knew it was coming. After all OKC is in the big leagues now so we should get used to more trades than we have in the minor leagues. OKC has always supported the local stars and heroes of our minor league teams however we must get used to the frequent trading of the big leagues. Looks like we will have a significantly different starting lineup this season. PJ Brown and JR Smith went to Chicago, we dropped Moochie Norris, Speedy Claxton is going to Atlanta, anyone else I missed?

metro
07-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Looks like Kirk Snyder just got traded:

Hornets trade Kirk Snyder

Staff Reports
The Hornets have traded guard Kirk Snyder to Houston for cash and a conditional 2008 second round pick.
Snyder averaged 8.0 points and 2.4 rebounds in 68 games with the Hornets last season. He was originally acquired by the team from Utah in a five-team, 13-player deal in August 2005.

"Although Kirk played a part in our resurgence last season, the recent and impending moves we've made this summer would have left him with a limited role," General Manager Jeff Bower said.

"Making this trade gives us the flexibility to continue to make improvements to our team."

Said Hornets coach Byron Scott: "Kirk is a talented player and I think the abilities and athleticism he possesses will make him a good fit for the Rockets. We wish him the best of luck for next season and for the continued development of his career."