View Full Version : ? for Discussion

Leon
07-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Do you ever find that your previous relationships cause you to be leary of future ones? Have they ever caused you not to try or even want a relationship for a time? Do you get over that excessive caution?

TomGirl
07-06-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm cautious, but not because I've been burned. I have a child that doesn't need to have men come and go out of her life so that her mother can have casual sex. She doesn't have a father, so it's important to me that my next is a keeper for her sake.

As for afraid to try...dang....I've lost count on the boyfriends, husbands, romances, etc. that I've had, I could write a book, I'm not afraid...I'm exhausted!

Leon
07-06-2006, 07:25 PM
I wish I could say I've have more SOs than I can count but I was married 95% of my adult life so I guess that's a good reason. Put me in the Extremely Cautious category.

dirtrider73068
07-06-2006, 07:57 PM
yes
yes
and no

TomGirl
07-06-2006, 08:03 PM
It sounds like you had it pretty stable for a while, you should celebrate that and although it ended, the length of time you had before, you would simply be moving into your next chapter of life. wow...I sound like I actually know what I'm saying...really...I don't know crap, but I've always seen the "glass as half full" and the way I see it, if your breathing....you'll be okay. Just think of those rare relationships that you see on the news and you'll feel much better.

Anyone can find a reason to be cautious, whether it be the one long marriage or the many flops, I know that see my case as being just a small percentage of prosective soulmates for me and just because I've had those flops doesn't mean that everyone I meet will jerk me around, I trust people until they give me a reason not to and I surely don't push for a reason not to trust someone, that, again, would be exhausting. Just a question....what percentage do you think your one is?

Redneck Cabbie
07-06-2006, 08:55 PM
While there are some that don't mind being alone or actually prefer it, I think that there is no sense in ruling out a relationship because of fear.

In our complete lifespan, the numbers will average out, and we'll have dumped as many times as we've been dumped.

I got quite a bit of heat from friends when I told them I was marrying Lori. "The ink ain't even dry on the divorce papers."

So what!!!

You only have so long to live in this world, and happiness gets a little harder to find every day.

Trust your first instinct. It's usually the right one.

Disclaimer...

I am not Dr. Phil nor do I play him on TV.

The Redneck Cabbie
Just a country boy stuck in a city job.

Leon
07-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Just a question....what percentage do you think your one is?

I don't understand the question.