View Full Version : Plaza Parking Garage downtown

metro
07-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Has anyone else noticed this besides me? This parking garage, operated by COPTA is super annoying. First off let me say this is not a self-park parking garage, it is a valet-style parking garage. It is a public garage mainly used for jurors or people going to the county courthouse. It is run by some teenagers. When they valet the cars in or out, they drive them like bumper cars and constantly squeal the tires around corners, speeding way too fast, and slaming on the brakes and honking. All day long all you can hear is squeeling of tires and brakes, and honking of horns, and of course the sound is made worse by echoing throughout the garage. Anyone else notice this, I know Doug L. probably does? Anyone know who to contact on this?

Doug Loudenback
07-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Has anyone else noticed this besides me? This parking garage, operated by COPTA is super annoying. First off let me say this is not a self-park parking garage, it is a valet-style parking garage. It is a public garage mainly used for jurors or people going to the county courthouse. It is run by some teenagers. When they valet the cars in or out, they drive them like bumper cars and constantly squeal the tires around corners, speeding way too fast, and slaming on the brakes and honking. All day long all you can hear is squeeling of tires and brakes, and honking of horns, and of course the sound is made worse by echoing throughout the garage. Anyone else notice this, I know Doug L. probably does? Anyone know who to contact on this?
Yeah, that's where I (and the other 3 in my office) park. It's too convenient (across the street) for us not to. But, they do have the highest price I'm aware of for monthly rates and I do hear the squealing tires when the temperature gets up there a bit ... but the tire squealing may be more a function of temperature than anything else. With 100+ degree pavement temps, I've also found that when I'M driving my own car in a sharp turn, even at slow speeds, I can't avoid the squealing. Generally, I find the personnel there to be friendly and that they do thier jobs as well as they are able (even if sometimes understaffed during peak periods).

I don't know that teenagers "run" the place, even if they (maybe a little older into their early 20's) are the people you see daily. I just wish that the owner(s) would give the exterior a paint job ... it's "peeling" features aren't what I'd like to see.

metro
07-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks for commenting Doug. Yes I should have rephrased the "teenagers" as they could be in their early 20's (not leaving me much room to speak). It still seems to me they are still somewhat unnecessarily wreckless with the vehicles, I have never noticed any squeeking or squealing of tires in the parking garage I park on and mine is more in the sun that that parking garage. They also honk non-stop as well. It may just be a personal peeve but URGHHHHHHH it is annoying.

writerranger
07-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks for commenting Doug. Yes I should have rephrased the "teenagers" as they could be in their early 20's (not leaving me much room to speak). It still seems to me they are still somewhat unnecessarily wreckless with the vehicles, I have never noticed any squeeking or squealing of tires in the parking garage I park on and mine is more in the sun that that parking garage. They also honk non-stop as well. It may just be a personal peeve but URGHHHHHHH it is annoying.

I hear 'ya and I agree!

----

Doug Loudenback
07-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Actually, the honking is a safety feature and they (the drivers) are just doing as directed. If you've been above the 1st level, at every point of the spiraling interersections are "instructions", employer commands, if you well, to "honk" as each intersection is approached... I'm sure to let the drivers know if another vehicle is approaching the same intersecting point. That's just designed to avoid your vehicle from getting creamed by some other driver while hastily getting your/my vehicle from where it was to the exit point.

But, the peeling paint ...that's another story. Really needs to be taken care of.

metro
07-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Especially since it's run by COTPA