View Full Version : Best Place to Watch Fireworks???

travich
07-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Hey guys, I've lived in OKC 8 years and have yet to determine the best place to watch fireworks. Has anyone been to Tinker? UCO? Norman? Where's the best place to go to watch fireworks. I appreciate your input.

FYI, I went to Bethany last year and wasn't too thrilled... They were good, but I've seen better. I appreciate the input.

Midtowner
07-04-2006, 10:52 AM
My parents' balcony. I'll have a good view of at least 3 shows from there.

writerranger
07-04-2006, 11:22 AM
My parents' balcony. I'll have a good view of at least 3 shows from there.

Sure glad to have you back. Hope all is well with you and the new Mrs. Midtowner!

travich
07-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks, is that an official invite?

I'll only come if you have 6 point beer.

Karried
07-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Edmond- UCO has a nice show..

http://www.libertyfest.org/LibertyfestFireworksEntertainment.php

The parade this morning was really nice.

aintaokie
07-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Tuesday night.....City of Moore at Buck Thomas Park. Show starts about 9:30 also a festival is taking place at the same time. Located 2 miles east of I35 on 12th St.

John
07-04-2006, 02:59 PM
LibertyFest in Edmond has the best fireworks.

If you can get in the Petroleum club or have a similar vantage of downtown/Bricktown, that would be a good view of the downtown and Bricktown shows.

Patrick
07-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Bricktown Ballpark is always a nice place to catch the show after the game! Although it's raining right now.

If you can zoom down there now, might catch a plane to Corpus Christi. They have a lovely show over the harbor! He He!

Too bad you'll have to connect somwhere first. I just got back from New Mexico and I'm sick of airport connections. Why do I have to fly all the way south to Dallas first to make it up north to Santa Fe? LOL!

metro
07-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Watching the downtown show from the top of the Sante Fe parking garage was pretty spectacular. I recommend it. The echoing through the downtown buildings was a little crazy and you could hear the glass shaking (kind of erie). A ton of car alarms going off. But it was great. I would'nt recommend watching from inside the Petroleum Club like some mentioned.

Patrick
07-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Watching the downtown show from the top of the Sante Fe parking garage was pretty spectacular. I recommend it. The echoing through the downtown buildings was a little crazy and you could hear the glass shaking (kind of erie). A ton of car alarms going off. But it was great. I would'nt recommend watching from inside the Petroleum Club like some mentioned.

I agree metro. We watched the fireworks a few years ago from the east side of the Santa Fe Parking Garage. They fire thme from over there so that's probable one of the best locations to watch!

Midtowner
07-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Sure glad to have you back. Hope all is well with you and the new Mrs. Midtowner!

I was wrong, we had a view of at least 6 shows.

Driving home was nuts though, they had all of the westbound access to downtown blocked off. Took me half-an-hour to figure out a way around all those damned road blocks. I have no idea why the event coordinators thought those road blocks would be a good idea...