View Full Version : Warren Theatre

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

MrZ
04-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Anyone form here besides me going to be in line to buy tickets today? I'm getting a ticket for myself for the first showing Friday to enjoy while the kids are at school. Also getting tickets for Saturday for the balcony to take my grandma to see Leatherheads. She said she hasn't been to a balcony movie in 30+ years and Leatherheads is the type of movie she likes.

Ginkasa
04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm going to get tickets for Nim's Island at 12:30 on Friday (first show) and Leatherheads at 7:50 the same night. That's in one of the Grand Auditoriums with the balcony. Alas, I can not buy balcony tickets (just under 21), but I can see exacftly how much bigger than the Cine Capri these screens are...

Intrepid
04-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I am looking at movietickets.com and they currently do not have any option for Warren Theaters.

redland
04-02-2008, 06:34 PM
I am looking at movietickets.com and they currently do not have any option for Warren Theaters.

Go to Warren Theatre (http://www.warrentheatres.com).
At the top of the red column on the left, select the theatre from the drop down menu and select a date (April 4 or later for the Warren).
This will take you to a list of the start times for each movie on that date.
Near the top, just above "Ticket Prices" you will see "Click to Reserve Tickets for this Theatre Online" and this will take you to movietickets.com.
(I think movietickets.com will be adding the Warren to its page, probably starting Friday)

Intrepid
04-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Go to Warren Theatre (http://www.warrentheatres.com).
At the top of the red column on the left, select the theatre from the drop down menu and select a date (April 4 or later for the Warren).
This will take you to a list of the start times for each movie on that date.
Near the top, just above "Ticket Prices" you will see "Click to Reserve Tickets for this Theatre Online" and this will take you to movietickets.com.
(I think movietickets.com will be adding the Warren to its page, probably starting Friday)

If that's the case, then why have the following on their web site:

Opening Day - April 4, 2008 - 11:30am

Click here to see the article featured in Moore Monthly about the Moore Warren Theatre!

Tickets go on sale online on Wednesday, April 2
Get them at MovieTickets.com.

Outside ticketing windows will be open to sell advanced days tickets on Wednesday April 2 from 11:00am until 7:00pm. They will not be open on Thursday, April 3rd.

Showtime information is now available! Click here to see Friday's Showtimes!

I've clicked on the link you mentioned, several times throughout the afternoon and evening. Tickets are not for sale online as advertised.

redland
04-02-2008, 07:10 PM
It worked for me. I reserved two tickets for "Leatherheads" for Friday, April 4, with no problem. (If you do not have an account with movietickets.com you have to create one in the process, but this is quickly done.)

kevinpate
04-02-2008, 07:27 PM
sit in a theater that doesn't yet have gum deposits? nah, why break with tradition :)

Intrepid
04-02-2008, 07:31 PM
It worked for me. I reserved two tickets for "Leatherheads" for Friday, April 4, with no problem. (If you do not have an account with movietickets.com you have to create one in the process, but this is quickly done.)

It did finally work for me too. But I do know that, for whatever reason, it wasn't working earlier. Perhaps movietickets.com just didn't have everything update.

Ginkasa
04-03-2008, 12:14 AM
I checked it first thing and it worked only if I went from the Warren Theatres website. I couldn't find the theatre from MovieTickets.com itself.

That would be MovieTickets.com's messup, not Warren's.

MrZ
04-03-2008, 08:42 AM
I spent over $100 in tickets yesterday. Looking forward to tomorrow. I noticed the front around the ticket window was not finished. Kinda surprising seeing as how that is the area that the public was going to see first. Inside looked awesome though, can't wait to get a better look at the murals.

Jacob_Daddy
04-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I just tried to buy tickets for both Saturday and Sunday showing of Horton, but it says that ticketing is unavailable for this theatre at this time. Maybe both of the shows are sold out! Wouldn't that be cool, sold out the theatre for days before they even open!

pearlbluevtx
04-04-2008, 08:41 AM
FYI.
They had a "VIP" deal last night and a ribbon cutting. We had invitations to go so we drove by around 7pm and the line was stacked outside so we drove around for a few minutes.

Parking lot was pretty full. They had a group of people lined up on each side of ropes and a red carpet for people to show their invitation and then walk the red carpet! Pretty funny and kind of cool! All the people were clapping, slapping high fives etc.

Then, and when we got there it was probably 7:15-20 or so, the place was packed! But, the inside is really cool, nice - just really well done. You can look upstairs and see the balcony. Seemed like a ton of people there.

They were giving away popcorn, anything from the Diner (way cool!) was free, drinks, some wine and catered type of food/finger foods.

Did I say there were a lot of people... there were. Went upstairs to the Balcony - ok, this is really NEAT! - and was going to find a seat but they were all taken. Upstairs balcony seating is large, very comfortable (looking! and I was told they were comfy as well!) chairs that outdo a nice size La-Z-Boy that you would have at home. Little tables around those chairs to eat at etc. The VIEW and seating arrangement to the screen is awesome. We didn't get to stay up there b/c of no seats but will try sometime - very neat.

There's a game room - looked neat but only saw it from afar. Some sitting room where there's a fire place and some couches/chairs ... looked quaint. I didn't get to pay too much attention to detail on everything so need to go back again.

We did try to go to the ribbon cutting / presentation but the whole theater that they hosted that in (one of the larger ones) was packed and standing room only, balcony too.

When talking to some of the employees who worked in the Diner or behind the concession counter, they all seemed really happy and excited about the theater and their job.

That led us down to the "normal or smaller" sized theaters where they were showing Leatherheads and we sat there waiting for it to start.

If you've heard or read about the seating in the "normal" theaters, no lie - they are nice. They rock, there's at least 12" to 18"+ between your knees and the chair in front of you. You don't have to move your legs if people walk by but out of habit you still do ... if you can understand what I mean. The WIDTH of the seats and the spacing between the chairs is REALLY NICE and COMFORTABLE. You're not touching your neighbor at all ... plenty of room.

Inside the theater, it was nice, elegant. Curtain in front of the screen - wow, fancy looking with the lighting they do.

Sound ... okay, others will have to chime in here and I'm not a movie buff person or have one of those great ears that hear everything but I asked my wife what she thought (she's same as me) and how this compares to other theater sounds - it was great. Sounded better than Harkins, AMC Quail ... the two we go too and more familiar with.

Picture ... looked great too. Seemed better than others but I don't know if it really is or not but awesome picture.

Ok, the movie - as a quick review - it would have been a good rental, maybe. Almost like overacting but it wasn't bad, just wasn't super-great IMHO either.

In the end... when you go, I hope you have fun.

MikeLucky
04-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Sound ... okay, others will have to chime in here and I'm not a movie buff person or have one of those great ears that hear everything but I asked my wife what she thought (she's same as me) and how this compares to other theater sounds - it was great. Sounded better than Harkins, AMC Quail ... the two we go too and more familiar with.

This is one of my favorite thing about the Warren theaters...... they have the THX sound in EVERY theater. So even the smallest ones in the house have the great sound..... in fact, sometimes those smaller theaters are almost BETTER because of the fact they have the great sound is a smaller space.....

Bobby H
04-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Warren Theaters typically installs top of the line equipment in their auditoriums and projection booths. I don't know how often Warren Theaters "re-tunes" their auditoriums, but I suspect they calibrate the sound and projection settings much more often than theaters in larger movie theater chains. I also suspect they change out damaged speaker drivers and other items like that much more often than other theater chains as well.

It will be interesting to see how this theater stacks up against some other "premiere" class movie theaters I've visited over the years.

One of the best theaters I ever visited in terms of sound and image quality was the General Cinemas Northpark 1-2 theater in Dallas. It was closed and demolished several years ago. The #1 screen was one of the original pair of THX certified theaters in 1983. Tomlinson Holman (THX creator) personally designed the sound systems for both locations (the other theater was in Los Angeles).

Aside from the top notch equipment and sound system design, the Northpark #1 theater in Dallas kept its great reputation of top notch sound and projection quality by putting forth more effort than other theaters. Any damaged item (like a dead speaker driver) was replaced ASAP. And every time a movie was changed in that theater the sound and projection was re-tuned. Perfect EQ for every show.

I'm really looking forward to visiting the new theater there in Moore. It could be early May before I get up there (when some big event movies start hitting the screen).

MrZ
04-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Warren picked a good year for the new theater. Take a look at this summer's schedule. Likely to be one of the best summers in years.
Official Guide to the Summer of 2008 « FirstShowing.net (http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/01/10/official-guide-to-the-summer-of-2008/)

zcamaro70
04-13-2008, 03:45 PM
I have 'heard' the real reason for the reduction from 20 screens to 14 was to have the theatre open for this summer movie season. Once again just repeating what I was told, look for construction on 6 additional screens(with bathrooms and concessions) to begin after the summer movie season.

Warren sees his only competition as Harkins and is looking to put them out of business. If you were at Warren on opening day you might have seen the Harkins owner inside talking to Warren. I believe someone else mentioned that Harkins is making their Cine Capri larger to take the title back for largest screen in Oklahoma.

Intrepid
04-13-2008, 03:49 PM
I have 'heard' the real reason for the reduction from 20 screens to 14 was to have the theatre open for this summer movie season. Once again just repeating what I was told, look for construction on 6 additional screens(with bathrooms and concessions) to begin after the summer movie season.

With the current building design and location, is there enough land to include 6 more screens?

I just can't picture it in my head...

Ginkasa
04-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Warren sees his only competition as Harkins and is looking to put them out of business. If you were at Warren on opening day you might have seen the Harkins owner inside talking to Warren.

Where'd you hear that Bill Warren necessarily is aiming to put Harkins out of business? And how do you know you saw "the owner" of Harkins Theatres at Warren on opening day? You know him personally?

redland
04-14-2008, 05:47 AM
Warren sees his only competition as Harkins and is looking to put them out of business. If you were at Warren on opening day you might have seen the Harkins owner inside talking to Warren. I believe someone else mentioned that Harkins is making their Cine Capri larger to take the title back for largest screen in Oklahoma.

I don't think the Warren (a truly magnificent theater) poses any threat to Harkins (which is itself a very fine theater).
The real threat is to the Hollywood Spotlight in Norman and AMC Crossroads 16 in south Oklahoma City. I doubt that either of these venues, each within a few miles of Warren, will survive for long. As a case in point, the parking lot at the Spotlight has in the past been virtually full during the weekend. Last night (Sunday) I drove by and theire were only 35 cars in the entire lot!!!!!! I have to say that the Spotlight is getting only what it deserves; it may well be the most poorly managed movie theater in the land.

Bobby H
04-14-2008, 08:23 AM
I have 'heard' the real reason for the reduction from 20 screens to 14 was to have the theatre open for this summer movie season.

Those rumors don't make any sense. The Moore Warren theater has gone through some serious delays over the last couple of years. While it is preferable for a movie theater to open just ahead of the summer movie season or the holiday season at the end of the year any movie theater is just going to open when it can open.

According to the interview Bill Warren gave to the Moore Monthly magazine 6 of the theater screens were scrapped so they could have two giant sized auditoriums with balconies instead of just 1 and have a number of other improvements applied consistently across the rest of the auditoriums.

Skyrocketing prices of construction materials (steel, concrete, etc.) were likely a big factor in all the delays and the theater being scaled down from 20 screens to 14. When the project was first announced years ago the theater was going to have four balcony equipped auditoriums.

Warren sees his only competition as Harkins and is looking to put them out of business.

I doubt Bill Warren has made any statements of that sort. For one thing, it would just be wishful thinking. The Moore Warren won't put the Harkins theater in Bricktown out of business. There's no chance of that happening at all for a couple strong reasons.

The main issue is both theaters are located too far apart from each other. Some people will drive a few miles extra to visit a better quality theater. Most people just drive to the theater nearest to where they live regardless of how good or bad it is.

Since the Moore Warren and Bricktown 16 are far enough apart they can play the same movies. Neither theater will be able to exclude the other from playing most movies in release. Movies in very limited release would be the only exception, and that's not enough to make or break a theater's business.

The Hollywood Spotlight 14 and Regal theater at Crossroads Mall are the only theaters directly threatened by the Moore Warren. Other popular theaters in the OKC area will be just fine.

I believe someone else mentioned that Harkins is making their Cine Capri larger to take the title back for largest screen in Oklahoma.

Sounds very preposterous to me. The screen in the Cine Capris is already as large as it can be. It would take some serious modifications to the building to allow for a larger screen. On top of that, the projection gear would require modifications too. Numerous variables must be balanced for a theater to deliver good projection and sound quality.

As for the "biggest screen in Oklahoma" title, I think that's also silly. It's pretty silly for the fact 35mm film projection isn't suited for giant sized screens. A 35mm projector can project only so much light out of its lamp house through that small hole and onto the screen. When the screens get too big the projected image can get dim. The Cine Capris really should be using 70mm projection, but then Hollywood studios don't make 70mm blow up prints for their movies anymore -at least not outside of those strange 15/70 DMR prints for IMAX theaters. The Moore Warren theater has digital projection, but again that's not without its problems. A digital projector with 2040 X 1080 pixel resolution can project a pretty sharp looking image on an average sized movie theater screen. Blown up to a screen 80' in width, image resolution comes out to 2.13 pixels per inch. Too bad 4000 line digital projectors haven't yet been perfected.

redland
04-14-2008, 11:22 AM
The Moore Warren won't put the Harkins theater in Bricktown out of business.

The Hollywood Spotlight 14 and Regal theater at Crossroads Mall are the only theaters directly threatened by the Moore Warren.

I have to agree with that---in fact, I noted it in my post a couple of hours earlier. Incidentally, there is no REGAL theater at Crossroads Mall---it became AMC Crossroads 16 several years ago.

zcamaro70
04-14-2008, 03:26 PM
I got all of my info from people that work there(one was a manager). Who knows they could be not telling the truth. Warren initially wanted to build in downtown OKC but was unable to. Only time will tell if this rumor is true.
I will ask other people at the city level to find out for 100%.

FYI, Warren Theater on opening weekend "out-sold every theatre in the state"...."the theater was the third-highest grossing theater in the U.S. "

I dont know about you but that sounds like it might need some more screens.

Bobby H
04-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Incidentally, there is no REGAL theater at Crossroads Mall---it became AMC Crossroads 16 several years ago.

Actually, that change was a fairly recent thing. The theater itself was built several years ago. I'm just used to calling it by its former Regal brand name.

I got all of my info from people that work there(one was a manager). Who knows they could be not telling the truth.

One problem is management at a specific theater location is down on a lower rung of the corporate "food chain" and honestly out of the loop over most business dealings. Even the top management in one theater chain isn't going to know the exact plans of another theater chain.

As for downtown plans, Warren Theaters never intended to build a theater location in Bricktown. You may have them confused with Edwards Theaters of California. That chain originally intended to build a multiplex in Bricktown and even had plans at one time of including a IMAX 3D theater as part of the package. But those plans got scaled back and then eventually abandoned as the theater chain ran into financial trouble and problems with the city government of OKC.

FYI, Warren Theater on opening weekend "out-sold every theatre in the state"...."the theater was the third-highest grossing theater in the U.S.

That doesn't sound hard to believe.

Even though the Moore Warren has just 14 theaters, those theaters are all pretty significant in size. I've seen a lot of 24 and 30 screen theaters whose screen count is inflated by lots of very tiny auditoriums. The AMC theater at Grapevine Mills has a lot of small auditoriums with well under 100 seat each.

Also one has to take into account the movie theater business is in a typically slow period. April often has a lot of junk movie releases. Studios are clearing the shelves of lesser quality product and getting ready for the launch of the "summer movie" season. Because of this issue attendance at most theaters across the nation would be pretty low. It wouldn't be difficult for a grand, new movie theater complex with state of the art equipment and a luxurious environment to draw huge crowds for its grand opening weekend.

zcamaro70
04-14-2008, 05:27 PM
YES they did try to open downtown West Warren to expand - Wichita Business Journal: (http://wichita.bizjournals.com/wichita/stories/2003/02/10/story1.html?page=2)

pearlbluevtx
04-15-2008, 06:23 AM
here's the okcbusiness article:

OKCBusiness - Oklahoma City Business News (http://www.okcbusiness.com/article.asp?aID=24098716.5477101.589082.4673854.89 62868.483&aID2=45305)

I got all of my info from people that work there(one was a manager). Who knows they could be not telling the truth. Warren initially wanted to build in downtown OKC but was unable to. Only time will tell if this rumor is true.
I will ask other people at the city level to find out for 100%.

FYI, Warren Theater on opening weekend "out-sold every theatre in the state"...."the theater was the third-highest grossing theater in the U.S. "

metro
04-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Someone asked for it, but here is a link to today's JR article about how Warren officially said he will add 6 screens to bring it to 20.

The Journal Record - Article (http://www.journalrecord.com/article.cfm?recid=88034)

Ginkasa
04-15-2008, 11:30 AM

That's all based on how much money they pulled in, not necessarily attendance. With those balcony tickets costing double the price of a normal movie ticket,m it can appear like they did much more business than they really did. I want to see attendance figures.

Also, according to my source, Warren was the 56th highest grossing theatre opening weekend, and 23rd just this past weekend.

What is your source?

Edit:

The article linked above my post agrees with me; they say 55 and 22. The "3rd in the nation" coms only from the premieres of Leatherheads and Nim's Island, in which Warren was 3rd in the nation for each. Again, thoug, remember that those were in the balcony theatres, so their grosses are inflated in regards to attendance.

Intrepid
04-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Someone asked for it, but here is a link to today's JR article about how Warren officially said he will add 6 screens to bring it to 20.

The Journal Record - Article (http://www.journalrecord.com/article.cfm?recid=88034)

Thanks for the info.

I'm still curious to know where they are going to put those additional 6 screens? I know nothing about construction and I'm sure the 6 screens have always been on the backburner as possible additions, but I just don't see where they are going to put them....unless they build "up".

MikeLucky
04-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the info.

I'm still curious to know where they are going to put those additional 6 screens? I know nothing about construction and I'm sure the 6 screens have always been on the backburner as possible additions, but I just don't see where they are going to put them....unless they build "up".

This is pretty much how he handled both of his standalone Theaters in Wichita.... he will add a "wing" to one end. It will probably have it's own lobby area with a concession stand..... that's how he did it in Wichita.

Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=warren&near=&jsv=107&sll=37.698898,-97.458858&sspn=0.091953,0.137672&safe=on&ie=UTF8&ll=37.724179,-97.44747&spn=0.002873,0.004302&t=k&z=18)

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=warren&amp;near=&amp;jsv=107&amp;sll =37.698898,-97.458858&amp;sspn=0.091953,0.137672&amp;safe=on&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;l l=37.698898,-97.458858&amp;spn=0.091953,0.137672&amp;t=k&amp;output=embed&amp;s =AARTsJrM0pzyCQXW2OgMHrORF9vIpW4GNw"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=warren&amp;near=&amp;jsv=107&amp;sll =37.698898,-97.458858&amp;sspn=0.091953,0.137672&amp;safe=on&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;l l=37.698898,-97.458858&amp;spn=0.091953,0.137672&amp;t=k&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

the above pic shows the west Wichita Warren..... the Northernmost part of the building that runs North/South is the add-on..... and the parking lot that is colored differently on the East is the added parking he created with the add-on.

zcamaro70
04-15-2008, 03:02 PM
lol It looks like all I needed to do was wait a day to get confirmation on most everything that I said and got blasted on as impossible. Pearl and Metro thanks for the links confirming I am not some crazy internet poster who knows nothing.

pearlbluevtx
04-15-2008, 03:47 PM
I drove by Warren today off I-35 and I still can't see how they would add 4 or 6 or whatever # of screens that they might consider. Land wise, it doesn't make sense to me and then how they would add-on to their new-existing building doesn't jive either. I don't think they can go South or West ... so it would have to be North and if that is the case then they would be taking out the "new drive/road" called Bill Warren Dr or Warren Dr or whatever it is called. I guess they might expand to the West/back of the building but I'm with you - Intrepid - seems hard to envision it!!

Intrepid
04-15-2008, 08:55 PM
I drove by Warren today off I-35 and I still can't see how they would add 4 or 6 or whatever # of screens that they might consider. Land wise, it doesn't make sense to me and then how they would add-on to their new-existing building doesn't jive either. I don't think they can go South or West ... so it would have to be North and if that is the case then they would be taking out the "new drive/road" called Bill Warren Dr or Warren Dr or whatever it is called. I guess they might expand to the West/back of the building but I'm with you - Intrepid - seems hard to envision it!!

From an engineering/construction standpoint, I'm sure it can be done and I never doubted that the additional 6 screens was in the works.

I just don't see where. Someone in a previous post mentioned that a wing was added at another Warren theater, and while that might've worked at that location, I just don't see how a wing can be added to this current building.

Not trying to be a naysayer, just trying to understand where it's gonna happen.

kevinpate
04-16-2008, 06:12 AM
maybe go below ... Warren Cinema Caves .. coming soon below a parking lot near you. Maybe add a little tunnel over to the Furr's.

Sorry, I get this way when I'm out of Diet Coke

Intrepid
04-16-2008, 08:41 AM
maybe go below ... Warren Cinema Caves .. coming soon below a parking lot near you. Maybe add a little tunnel over to the Furr's.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

MonkeesFan
04-16-2008, 07:18 PM
What time does the theater open? Maybe I will go there when it opens but there hasn't been any interesting movies except for SpiderWick

Intrepid
04-16-2008, 09:14 PM
What time does the theater open? Maybe I will go there when it opens but there hasn't been any interesting movies except for SpiderWick

You can go to Warren Theatre (http://www.warrentheaters.com) for showtimes.

jbrown84
04-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Both of their large Wichita theatres expanded by adding a wing on the side, as opposed to the back. I agree that there doesn't seem to be room to do that in this case. I didn't care for the way it made the building assymetrical either.

zcamaro70
04-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Did anyone see the premiere of the next Indiana Jones has been set for OKC area in May? New 'Indiana Jones' movie to debut in Oklahoma City | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/article/3233398/)
They have not picked out a movie theatre yet, but where do you think it might show at? I believe Mr. Lucas is a huge THX fan too!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Yeah, Lucasfilm developed THX.

And as much as I've enjoyed Warren Theatre, I'd rather the opening be downtown at Harkin's. It's not as nice of a theater, but it's not slouch and it's got Bricktown around it. Warren has Lowes and Furrs. No contest there.

Insider
11-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Any update on the Moore Warren expansion? Last I heard, they were going to add a new lobby to the south with two more balcony theatres with another restaurant and concession stand and a new smaller lobby to the north with four regular stadium seating auditoriums and another concession stand. This would bring the building to a total of 20 auditoriums (4 balcony theatres and 16 stadium seating auditoriums), 5 concession stands, 3 restaurants, and 4 ticket offices. Anyone else heard anything?

Intrepid
11-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Any update on the Moore Warren expansion? Last I heard, they were going to add a new lobby to the south with two more balcony theatres with another restaurant and concession stand and a new smaller lobby to the north with four regular stadium seating auditoriums and another concession stand. This would bring the building to a total of 20 auditoriums (4 balcony theatres and 16 stadium seating auditoriums), 5 concession stands, 3 restaurants, and 4 ticket offices. Anyone else heard anything?

I was just there this past weekend and was wondering the same thing. I'd still like to know how/where they plan on adding these things.

Insider
11-11-2008, 07:23 AM
I was just there this past weekend and was wondering the same thing. I'd still like to know how/where they plan on adding these things.

I know several of the managers there and they are the ones who told me about the specifics of the addition. They said they were having to off set the addition (two south and four north) because of space. There is not enough room on either side for the entire addition. Also, I was told the final building would look like a "W" when viewed from the air (kinda vain...) to reference 'W'arren.

What gets me is that they told me they would start as soon as the summer season was over. That was three months ago. If they do not hurry, they will not be able to get the new addition open before next summer.

Bobby H
11-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Considering the current, very serious credit crunch that is currently gripping much of the economy, I'm not surprised that many different business expansions are being put on hold -some of them an indefinite hold.

Insider
01-06-2009, 03:42 PM
I was up at Warren this past week and was told that the expansion has been cancelled. They also stated that the new theatre planned in North OKC and Tulsa are on hold (probably permanently unless the market picks up). Has anyone else heard this?

jsibelius
01-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I hadn't heard that, but if it's true...FOO! I was really looking forward to the new one near Quail Springs.

Windshieldsplatter
01-07-2009, 11:44 AM
I am very happy with the warren theater. I took my wifes sister to the movies a few days ago and we loved every minute of it. I sure hope they open one or two more in the city. The one in Moore is always so busy!

mireaux
06-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I hadn't heard that, but if it's true...FOO! I was really looking forward to the new one near Quail Springs.

dont get me started on this...please Lord dont..oops..too late..here i go ranting:

..please, tell me why...the Quail Springs Mall area gets EVERYTHING!??!??

*PF Changs, Bravo, Super Target, Books a Million, Fox & Hound, Mimis Cafe, Jasons Deli (no signs of any mall delapitiation at QSM compared to other malls in the city, namely CRM and HP)..

its all right there..all that commerical development,.all those chains, all those big box stores..all nestled together..all that horrendous traffic...so congested and right south of the borderline in that city where all those lawyers, doctors, and television news personalities reside.

wait a minute..did i just answer my own question? DOH!

jsibelius
06-13-2009, 10:13 PM
dont get me started on this...please Lord dont..oops..too late..here i go ranting:

..please, tell me why...the Quail Springs Mall area gets EVERYTHING!??!??

*PF Changs, Bravo, Super Target, Books a Million, Fox & Hound, Mimis Cafe, Jasons Deli (no signs of any mall delapitiation at QSM compared to other malls in the city, namely CRM and HP)..

its all right there..all that commerical development,.all those chains, all those big box stores..all nestled together..all that horrendous traffic...so congested and right south of the borderline in that city where all those lawyers, doctors, and television news personalities reside.

wait a minute..did i just answer my own question? DOH!

Just in case your own answer wasn't enough...

Because there are lots of people in that area who will spend lots of money in these places. Retailers and entertainment companies pay attention to community demographics and location.

MadMonk
06-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Just in case your own answer wasn't enough...

Because there are lots of people in that area who will spend lots of money in these places. Retailers and entertainment companies pay attention to community demographics and location.
Yeah, duh...business goes where the money is, not the other way around (to a certain extent). :congrats:

wayward1
08-22-2009, 10:00 PM
would you build your new store in areas where the people who have money live....or would you rather build your new store at 23rd and spencer rd?

Chase
08-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Any rumors on further expansion in Oklahoma?

MadMonk
10-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Okay, so I took in a movie at the Warren for the first time last weekend.

The movie wasn't great (Surrogates), but I have to say that I was very impressed with the theater. Awesome picture and sound and the balcony seating is great (though pricey). I understand much better now, those who say they refuse to go anywhere else for their movie fix.

I hope that they do bring one up on the north side soon. I can't/won't go there very often just because of the drive, but I'm definitely a fan now.

Insider
10-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Okay, so I took in a movie at the Warren for the first time last weekend.

The movie wasn't great (Surrogates), but I have to say that I was very impressed with the theater. Awesome picture and sound and the balcony seating is great (though pricey). I understand much better now, those who say they refuse to go anywhere else for their movie fix.

I hope that they do bring one up on the north side soon. I can't/won't go there very often just because of the drive, but I'm definitely a fan now.

Ahhhhh... Another convert! Welcome to the other side!

BoulderSooner
05-21-2013, 11:33 AM
per Warren theatre website

MOORE WARREN EXTREME WEATHER NOTICE:
Due to damage from extreme weather conditions, the Moore Warren is closed.
We are hoping to re-open on Friday, May 24th. Please check back for updates.

bchris02
05-21-2013, 12:09 PM
They are being very optimistic to think they can have it reopened by Friday. Given the extent of the damage and the surrounding areas, I would think it would be weeks if not months before they re-opened it.

Roger S
05-21-2013, 12:14 PM
They are being very optimistic to think they can have it reopened by Friday. Given the extent of the damage and the surrounding areas, I would think it would be weeks if not months before they re-opened it.

I live within walking distance of the Warren and I'm not sure it was as damaged as it might have looked on TV. I think it was mostly cosmetic. The center of the tornado went over the bowling alley, hospital, banks, and title company. Hollie's and the businesses to the south of the Warren looked relatively unscathed.

What might hold them back from that schedule would be how fast they re-open streets and get utilities back up and running in that area.

Zuplar
05-21-2013, 02:31 PM
This is good news. When I saw this tornado heading that way I prayed that it would hopefully take the least devastating route. Not sure that that can really be the case but that area has done so much to get all that commerce I would have hated to see it wiped away within a few minutes.

hoya
05-21-2013, 03:04 PM
I know it's just a movie theater, but the Warren has been a mark of pride for that community. As a South side kid, I'm happy that the nicest theater in the city is over here, as opposed to being off in Edmond or on the North side somewhere. While it may seem superficial, to be concerned about a theater when there was immense destruction, this may end up tying the Warren even more closely to the community. A lot of rescue efforts were coordinated from there, and it was the one big landmark that survived the devastation.

Dustin
05-21-2013, 03:24 PM
I know it's just a movie theater, but the Warren has been a mark of pride for that community. As a South side kid, I'm happy that the nicest theater in the city is over here, as opposed to being off in Edmond or on the North side somewhere. While it may seem superficial, to be concerned about a theater when there was immense destruction, this may end up tying the Warren even more closely to the community. A lot of rescue efforts were coordinated from there, and it was the one big landmark that survived the devastation.

I'd say in the region. It's a world class theatre IMO.

Just the facts
05-21-2013, 04:04 PM
I have never been through anything remotely close to this level of tragedy but I would think returning to normal (or as close as you can get to it) as fast as possible would be a good thing for everyone.