View Full Version : Warren Theatre

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

flintysooner
03-01-2008, 06:28 AM
I don't understand why everybody so hung up on my comment. It was following reply to post talking about whipping people to get the popcorn made fresher. Just like that post didn't mean he actually whips concessionist when his popcorn's not fresh, my post wasn't saying people actually spit in the popcorn.

(Well, I must admit teenagers decided to get revenge and spitting in popcorn is probably more commonplace than whipping concessionists, but certainly not widespread; besides, most theares I've been too have wide open and visible concessions stands so you could probably see if you're popcorn was spit in....)

Anyway, it wasn't meant to be serious.

I am overly sensitive I suppose. I saw the segment on one of the news programs about how filthy the lemons are in 20 restaurants around town. Not a single restaurant passed. When they asked me if I wanted a lemon yesterday at Chili's I said "No." Then the segment about the contaminated syringes in Nevada that has put 40,000 patients at risk bothered me. Several other stories have been on the news lately. Then several of my friends from food service have said "Oh yeah, it happens all the time that someone spits on food." I can't imagine doing it myself and I hate the thought of others doing it to me or anyone else.

I apologize for getting off topic.

I think I remember you worked at Harkins. I know we will still go to the Harkins because it is in Bricktown and we do like to go there from time to time. We've always enjoyed the Harkins. We'll definitely try the Warren if we can get to it at least. I am concerned about the traffic and the huge number of visitors that are expected.

I heard the other day that the inside of the Warren is really spectacular with a beautiful domed ceiling in the main lobby and then vaulted corridors off of it. The floors are supposed to be very beautiful, too.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-01-2008, 06:32 AM
I am overly sensitive I suppose. I saw the segment on one of the news programs about how filthy the lemons are in 20 restaurants around town. Not a single restaurant passed. When they asked me if I wanted a lemon yesterday at Chili's I said "No." Then the segment about the contaminated syringes in Nevada that has put 40,000 patients at risk bothered me. Several other stories have been on the news lately. Then several of my friends from food service have said "Oh yeah, it happens all the time that someone spits on food." I can't imagine doing it myself and I hate the thought of others doing it to me or anyone else.

Sounds like somebody needs to quit watching the "ZOMG! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" news. :D

soonerkev
03-06-2008, 10:50 AM
I encourage everyone to pick up a copy of the March Edition of Moore Monthly. There is a section that gives a great deal of info about the theater and all of the amenities. My favorite tid bit is all seats have Tempur-Pedic foam in them and seats in the balconly have heated chairbacks and seat bottoms.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-06-2008, 10:51 AM
I encourage everyone to pick up a copy of the March Edition of Moore Monthly. There is a section that gives a great deal of info about the theater and all of the amenities. My favorite tid bit is all seats have Tempur-Pedic foam in them and seats in the balconly have heated chairbacks and seat bottoms.

I'm sitting here reading that right now.

He even explains why they went from 20 to 14 screens.

I can't wait for this place to open.

soonerkev
03-06-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm sitting here reading that right now.

He even explains why they went from 20 to 14 screens.

I can't wait for this place to open.

Yeah I would have to say that Bill Warren is one smart business man!

xpertinfun
03-06-2008, 12:10 PM
They had the marquee lit up this morning! Should be getting close now.

cindyl57
03-11-2008, 08:34 AM
After reading the March edition of Moore Monthly...WOW I am excited about the opening...I cannot imagine a Theatre of this magnitude or cost...
Some one who actually thinks the customers deserve something special right down to the popcorn..

pearlbluevtx
03-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Will try to post a photo later, if I remember - but their WARREN marquee signs look fantastic!!!

DVDFreaker
03-13-2008, 09:44 PM
I got a question: I am wondering if when the new theater opens, people from Norman will be going to the new theater and if they do, will the Hollywood Theater be shut down which I hope not because I am considering moving into a apartment just a few blocks away from Hollywood Theater in May or June

pearlbluevtx
03-14-2008, 07:31 AM
I just read the Moore Monthly article regarding Warren Theater and WOW - it's amazing what they are doing. I knew some of the stuff or had heard about some of it and maybe was misguided about the reasons why the theater went from 20 to 14 screens ... his reason for that made sense as well.

can't wait for this to open.

dvdfreaker - I think the Warren has the opportunity to draw people from around the whole metro okc area so I think Norman residents will be drawn up too. I'm sure that there's still room for another theater down in Norman but I wouldn't want to be competing in this market against Warren.

IMHO, the only issues that I see being a negative with Warren is possibly Hollywoops can't create good flicks and Warren might be so busy that it's not comfortable to get/be there b/c of the traffic on the roads OR inside the theater!!

kevinpate
03-14-2008, 07:47 AM
There's a potential for Norman's HW14 to become even more of a middle schooler and lower income haven, but not a lot. Those who can, and will, drive themselves elsewhere already drive to B-town, C-roads and Tinselville on the north side, even to QSprings.

I don't think Warren will impact HW14 as much as it may provide an attractive alternative to not driving as far north for those from Norman and beyond. makes it a tad easier to catch an earlier show for the folks already south of the OK county line.

soonerkev
03-14-2008, 11:18 AM
I got a question: I am wondering if when the new theater opens, people from Norman will be going to the new theater and if they do, will the Hollywood Theater be shut down which I hope not because I am considering moving into a apartment just a few blocks away from Hollywood Theater in May or June

The plan is for it to open April 4th.

venture
03-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm in SE Norman, currently go to Harkins to see movies. The Warren Theatre will keep me from going to Harkins. As far as Hollywood...it'll do its thing until the new one in UNP opens. I think that'll be the end of it.

soonergirl
03-14-2008, 02:24 PM
And, over the years, I have heard *horrendous* stories about Chinese food places...the worst was when, supposedly, one such restaurant owner was arrested near the Greenbriar housing addition in SW Oklahoma City for stealing ducks from their pond and taking them to his restaurant. Supposedly was watched for some time before they caught him....was several years ago.

-sd

SoonerDave - egads! Say it ain't so. Is that where all of our ducks have gone? Would love to know the restaurant. :chef:

DVDFreaker
03-14-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm in SE Norman, currently go to Harkins to see movies. The Warren Theatre will keep me from going to Harkins. As far as Hollywood...it'll do its thing until the new one in UNP opens. I think that'll be the end of it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginkasa
03-15-2008, 12:12 AM
it'll do its thing until the new one in UNP opens. I think that'll be the end of it.

UNP?

redland
03-15-2008, 05:21 AM
UNP?

Yes there has been some speculation about a movie theater being built in the University North Park development (or UNP for short). Whether or not that eventually comes about I agree with Venture that the opening of Warren will seriously hurt Norman's Hollywood (aka Spotlight) theater, which has to be one of the most poorly maintained and managed movie venues ever. I too gave up on the Hollywood and have been making the trip to Harkins instead---now the Warren will make for a shorter trip.

Bobby H
03-15-2008, 10:15 AM
I don't know why anyone would bother paying to see movies at the Hollywood Theaters Spotlight 14 in Norman. It's never been a very good place to see movies. I visited it when it was brand new in 1997 and wasn't even impressed with it at all back then.

IMHO, Harkins Bricktown 16 is the only decent movie theater in Oklahoma City. Warren's new complex in Moore will be a big step up from that. It seems like a foregone conclusion the new 14-plex in Moore will be the best movie theater in the state.

pearlbluevtx
03-20-2008, 08:44 AM
took these on Tues when it was raining so there's some raindrops in the photos but this is looking SO good.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/pearlbluevtx/warrentheater/IMG_0720.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/pearlbluevtx/warrentheater/IMG_0721-1.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/pearlbluevtx/warrentheater/IMG_0721.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/pearlbluevtx/warrentheater/IMG_0722.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/pearlbluevtx/warrentheater/IMG_0723.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/pearlbluevtx/warrentheater/IMG_0724.jpg

metro
03-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Looking very good. Too bad we couldn't have got the Warren downtown and the Harkins in Moore. I bet Bill Warren would have been willing to make a downtown theatre more urban looking and perhaps multi-level. Love the period throw back architecture.

Bobby H
03-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Multi-level theaters would only work if you had seating in a standard slope, not stadium-riser configured. With stadium seating the ceiling heights get pretty high. It would be costly to build one cavernous theater room on top of another.

solitude
03-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Multi-level theaters would only work if you had seating in a standard slope, not stadium-riser configured. With stadium seating the ceiling heights get pretty high. It would be costly to build one cavernous theater room on top of another.

Edwards Greenway Palace in Houston managed to do it. I know you know your stuff, but I've been there and was amazed.

Ginkasa
03-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Looking very good. Too bad we couldn't have got the Warren downtown and the Harkins in Moore. I bet Bill Warren would have been willing to make a downtown theatre more urban looking and perhaps multi-level. Love the period throw back architecture.

Since Warren is supposed to be pretty classy, its probably better off in Moore. The crowds you get sometimes in Bricktown...

solitude
03-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Since Warren is supposed to be pretty classy, its probably better off in Moore. The crowds you get sometimes in Bricktown...

Is this sarcasm? Every trip I have made to the Harkins has been very pleasant and without incident. Bricktown has more problems than Moore? I have never thought of Moore as some high-class suburb that demands a classy theater over Bricktown. No offense to people in Moore, but citing of the "crowds" in Bricktown as somehow beneath the people of Moore just doesn't sound right.

redland
03-20-2008, 06:49 PM

I have been to Harkins many times and have never encountered any kind of problem with the "crowds" as you call them. Harkins is in fact as well managed and maintained a movie theater as I have ever experienced.

Easy180
03-20-2008, 06:53 PM
The worst part about it being in Moore is it will likely set a world record for most teens in a theater within the first week

It should go 18+ after 7:00 on the weekends :053:

Karried
03-20-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that had to be sarcasm. I've been to the Moore Crossroads Mall Theater once - Harkins is wonderful.

Martin
03-20-2008, 07:53 PM
crossroads mall is not moore. -M

Karried
03-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Is Crossroads OKC? I thought that was Moore's theater.. my bad.

Is there another theater in Moore? That's the only one I've been to...

I've only had great experiences at Harkins Theater... I'm not sure if the poster was 'joking' or not?

Martin
03-20-2008, 08:34 PM
until perhaps the mid-80's there was one just south of 12th street... but i'm pretty certain that's not what you're referring to.

currently (until the warren opens, that is) moore doesn't have a movie theatre. -M

Easy180
03-20-2008, 08:36 PM
This will be the first in Moore Karried

You northsiders need to venture a little further south more often!

Just don't do it after dark :police:

Karried
03-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Wow, all this time I thought Crossroads was in Moore because I have some friends we used to visit off of Bryant and 19th/27th street? We went to the Movies with them at the mall.. all this time, I thought Crossroads was in Moore!

I have to add, I'm not very familiar with Moore (I'm still sort of nervous to drive alone without knowing exactly where I'm going in this state! That damn turnpike... I'm sure I'll end up in Tulsa again! No freaking exits! ) ... and I'm still not too sure where all the boundaries are. I like to stay close to home!

But, I do like Harkins Theater and have never experienced any problems there with movie goers. I wasn't all that comfortable at Crossroads Theater... it was a little worrisome at night with the kids.

Intrepid
03-20-2008, 08:45 PM
This will be the first in Moore Karried

You northsiders need to venture a little further south more often!

Just don't do it after dark :police:

Technically, it will be Moore's second movie theater.

The first one used to reside on NW 5th and City Avenue, where the Lazer Tag is now located. (adjacent to the Salvation Army store....which used to be a Humpty Dumpty and IGA grocery store)

It was a two-screen theater. I remember it vividly. It's where I first saw Star Wars in 1977....when I was 5 years old.

Damn...I'm gettin' old. :(

Easy180
03-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Wow, all this time I thought Crossroads was in Moore because I have some friends we used to visit off of Bryant and 19th/27th street? We went to the Movies with them at the mall.. all this time, I thought Crossroads was in Moore!

Moore is tiny area wise and is running out of room, but I'm sure the city council wouldn't hesitate to pass on the Crossroads area if it was ever offered

Although we would probably want to have a stake in that Texas Roadhouse location...That place is disgustingly busy every night of the week

Intrepid
03-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Although we would probably want to have a stake in that Texas Roadhouse location...That place is disgustingly busy every night of the week

Here in the Sooner state, I would love to have all of those restaurants renamed "Oklahoma Roadhouse" ;)

You're absolutely right about them being busy every night. It's insane. We called ahead for seating at 8pm on a Saturday night and was told it was going to be 10pm before we could be seated, for a group of only 5 people. We ended up elsewhere.

Karried
03-20-2008, 09:00 PM
tee hee, I love Texas Roadhouse.. how do they manage to stay in business with all of that food! The portion sizes/prices are incredible!

I love the Catfish. And the Bread with 'Honey' butter.. ( I think it's honey).

The one near Quail Springs has lines out the door every night.. you have to call ahead just to even think about getting in to eat. It's crazy with all the peanut shells on the floor. Go figure.

Based on the few times I've been to Moore .. overall, I think it is a nice city - it's really growing - I know they have good schools ...but really, I've only seen a little bit of Moore.

I like Norman too... I think some of their older neighborhoods are so beautiful.. I've only been there a few times but was very impressed with that city as well.

Easy180
03-20-2008, 09:02 PM
I know the local restaurant only crowd disagrees, but my wife and I have never had a bad filet there...Can't beat a very solid filet for only $15

Karried
03-20-2008, 09:06 PM
You're not kidding.. I had a steak there that was amazingly good.. and under $18 .. it was delicious...

pearlbluevtx
03-20-2008, 09:12 PM
TOOO FUNNY! That is exactly right ... If I am recalling correctly, my grandmother took my sister and I to that theater and we saw Star Wars too. I vaguely remember but she wouldn't have taken us any other location as they lived in Moore and we were staying with them! I was about 6 or 7 ... YES, Getting OLD!!

Technically, it will be Moore's second movie theater.

The first one used to reside on NW 5th and City Avenue, where the Lazer Tag is now located. (adjacent to the Salvation Army store....which used to be a Humpty Dumpty and IGA grocery store)

It was a two-screen theater. I remember it vividly. It's where I first saw Star Wars in 1977....when I was 5 years old.

Damn...I'm gettin' old. :(

Intrepid
03-20-2008, 09:18 PM
I know the local restaurant only crowd disagrees, but my wife and I have never had a bad filet there...Can't beat a very solid filet for only $15

I absolutely love their 12oz ribeye with sauteed mushrooms......and all less than $15!!!

Saltgrass makes a great steak too, but for the same $15, I can "only" get an 8oz sirloin, and would have to pay an extra $4 for the mushrooms.

I used to be in love with Outback's steaks...but Tex...Oklahoma Roadhouse has 'em beat. ;)

flintysooner
03-21-2008, 04:47 AM
The first one used to reside on NW 5th and City Avenue,
Actually the very first Moore theater I remember was across the street east from the Old School (now the Old School Business Center (http://www.oldschoolbiz.com/)). The building is still there. My mother took me there to watch the 1953 movie, War of the Worlds.

Intrepid
03-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Actually the very first Moore theater I remember was across the street east from the Old School (now the Old School Business Center (http://www.oldschoolbiz.com/)). The building is still there. My mother took me there to watch the 1953 movie, War of the Worlds.

I stand corrected. :)

Thanks for the history lesson. It's hard to believe that Moore only officially became a city in 1962.

flintysooner
03-21-2008, 09:10 AM
By the way the images are absolutely great and I really appreciate them being posted.

It does remind me of the the grand old theaters of my childhood. I remember so many of those wonderful old venues so fondly. Everything I've read about this Warren theater makes me believe it will be a special experience.

Thanks again for the images.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
03-21-2008, 01:49 PM
After going to one in Wichita last year, I cannot wait to go see a movie here.

oschesar
03-21-2008, 10:47 PM
My wife and a friend went by the theatre today and just walked in. She talked to someone who I assume was the manager. The guy said that they'll open April 3, but that you can call the Monday before to buy tickets. To get tickets for the balcony area though you have to go by the theatre because you have to show ID. He said that they'll be showing Leatherheads (or whatever it is called) on one of the big screens.

Anyway, I read the article in the Moore monthly free news paper thingy and I'm pretty excited about this. Real butter on the popcorn. Wide, heated seats. Top of the line projectors and sound. Should be incredible. Traffic is going to be a nightmare though.

Intrepid
03-22-2008, 06:53 AM
Anyone know what the ticket prices are going to be like?

flintysooner
03-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Anyone know what the ticket prices are going to be like?
The web site (http://www.warrentheatres.com/moore.asp) as of today says "coming soon" for prices. The opening date is reported as April 4th.

The other theater's prices are online though and are $7 and $9 with the balcony seating being $12 and $18. Balcony is 21 and over.

xpertinfun
03-22-2008, 02:34 PM
need some pictures of the inside.

cindyl57
03-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Actually the very first Moore theater I remember was across the street east from the Old School (now the Old School Business Center). The building is still there. My mother took me there to watch the 1953 movie, War of the Worlds

I was going to post also...Although when we moved to Moore in the summer of 68,
This theater was already closed...The one on 5th street...I don't remember when it opened, but I was a young teen...

Martin
03-24-2008, 08:00 AM
what was the name of that theatre between 12th & 5th? -M

Ginkasa
03-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Has anyone seen the commercials that have been playing? I saw them on KFOR during the Tonight Show/Late Night, but they've probably played at other times...

Jesseda
03-25-2008, 05:29 AM
Yes I did they are opening the theater april 4th:gossip:

redland
03-27-2008, 07:17 AM
Crossroads Mall (and Crossroads 16 cinema) is indeed in Oklahoma City. However, its location on SE 74th is only one mile north of the Moore city limits (89th) and so it has in effect served as "Moore's theater" for the past decade or so since there has been no theater in Moore proper. Of course this will change drastically with the opening of Warren. I don't know whether the remark about restricting the audience to 18+ in the evenings was meant to be taken seriously, but in fact the balcony (higher prices) with special food and drink service will be limited to adults.
Incidentally you have to wonder about the future of Crossroads 16 cincema, since such a large share of its audience has come from Moore.

Martin
03-27-2008, 07:27 AM
actually, moore only extends a few blocks north of 104th street. s. 104th okc is the same as n. 27th in moore. the northern-most street in moore is n. 35th. so... it's more like two miles away from 74th in okc. no big deal, just fyi. -M

Jesseda
03-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Well When the crossroads cinema 16 opened up all my highschool friends would go to that because we didnt have one in moore, and when i would go on firdays i would see a whole lot of moore highschools students there, so yes the warren theater will make a big impact on the crossroads cinema theater, I am planning on going to warrens with my wife, and plan on taking our little ones to it if it is as magical as what they are saying it is..

Easy180
03-27-2008, 06:33 PM
It is now completely lit up at night and it is impressive

Felt like a little kid when I drove by it last night...Nice sight

xpertinfun
03-29-2008, 11:42 AM
well, I tried to drive in and look at the posters they have displayed to see what would be playing and a security guard stopped me at the entrance and said no one is allowed up near the front. I told him I was just curious what would be showing, And he said the grand opening is april 4th. okay, That was weird.

SoonerDave
03-29-2008, 12:29 PM

I have to add, I'm not very familiar with Moore (I'm still sort of nervous to drive alone without knowing exactly where I'm going in this state! That damn turnpike... I'm sure I'll end up in Tulsa again! No freaking exits! ) ... and I'm still not too sure where all the boundaries are. I like to stay close to home!

But, I do like Harkins Theater and have never experienced any problems there with movie goers. I wasn't all that comfortable at Crossroads Theater... it was a little worrisome at night with the kids.

Sorry for the aside, but this post is a PERFECT example of why I've always contended we shoujld have a "South Oklahoma City" board in this forum. For as long as I've lived in SW OKC, which is essentially all of my life, people outside the area just assume SW OKC and Moore are essentially one and the same, and it simply isn't true. I tell people my zip, and they try to tell me I live in Moore, and I have to argue with them that I don't.

There are several nice retail and residential areas in south Oklahoma City, from I-240 Penn Park to Chatenay, Greenbriar, Lakeridge, and emerging developments to the west and south - and *all* are Oklahoma City areas.

This isn't intended at all to offend Moore folks, its just to get someone to recognize that Moore is NOT SW Oklahoma City. Part of this problem, I'm sure, stems from the fact that the Moore school district extends north into OKC up to SW 82nd...

Again, sorry for the diversion, but we need a S. OKC Forum!

-soonerdave

SoonerDave
03-29-2008, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=redland;135124]Crossroads Mall (and Crossroads 16 cinema) is indeed in Oklahoma City. However, its location on SE 74th is only one mile north of the Moore city limits (89th) ....QUOTE]

* sigh *, no. Oklahoma City limits extend well south of 89th, as noted in another post. The Oklahoma County-Cleveland County dividing line is, in fact 89th street.

xpertinfun
03-29-2008, 04:05 PM
They updated the website this morning:

Opening Day - April 4, 2008 - 11:30am

Tickets go on sale online on Wednesday, April 2
Get them at MovieTickets.com.
Outside ticketing windows will be open to sell advanced days tickets on Wednesday April 2 from 11:00am until 7:00pm. They will not be open on Thursday, April 3rd.

Showtime information will be available at WarrenTheatres.com on Tuesday, April 1 at around 6:30pm.
*This date and time could be sooner!*

Ticket Prices
Matinee (Before 6pm) $7.00
Evening (6pm and Later) $9.00
Children (3-12) $7.00
Seniors (55+) $7.00
Balcony (Matinee) $12.00
Balcony (Evening) $18.00