View Full Version : Fourth of July Plans?

Karried
07-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Who has the most exciting plans this weekend ?

Mine is pretty typical -

I'm going to try to make the parade in the morning and then go to a block party and watch fireworks.

What are you all doing this weekend and tomorrow?

Doug Loudenback
07-03-2006, 11:42 AM
I plan to bum out to the max. 10+ score for doing absolutely nothing unless it suits me to move my body. Already got my flag out on my house, already had my birthday (yesterday) with the kids over ... AND cleaning up after they gave me goodies, ate my burgers & dogs (I'm not complaining, mind you) ... had planned to take today off but naturally a client had an emergency and I had no choice but to meet early this morning, do some paperwork, and drive to El Reno and back ... and now I'm back at home doing nothing that doesn't suit me. Isn't that the kind of thing that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, certainly Benjamin Franklin, et al., had in mind? :gossip: :demonslay :tweeted:

http://www.andrewcusack.com/decl2full.jpg

But, in my relaxation-station mode, I'm sure I'll have a need to watch a fine Revolutionary War movie or two! I'm very proud of this day in our history, and I salute and raise a glass to you all, citizens of the United States of America! :kicking:

Keith
07-03-2006, 06:32 PM
I plan to bum out to the max. 10+ score for doing absolutely nothing unless it suits me to move my body. Already got my flag out on my house, already had my birthday (yesterday) with the kids over ... AND cleaning up after they gave me goodies, ate my burgers & dogs (I'm not complaining, mind you) ... had planned to take today off but naturally a client had an emergency and I had no choice but to meet early this morning, do some paperwork, and drive to El Reno and back ... and now I'm back at home doing nothing that doesn't suit me. Isn't that the kind of thing that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, certainly Benjamin Franklin, et al., had in mind? :gossip: :demonslay :tweeted:

http://www.andrewcusack.com/decl2full.jpg

But, in my relaxation-station mode, I'm sure I'll have a need to watch a fine Revolutionary War movie or two! I'm very proud of this day in our history, and I salute and raise a glass to you all, citizens of the United States of America! :kicking:
Ok, I will be the most boring person tomorrow. I get to clean house, mow two lawns, work in my yard, and then chill. I hope to catch some fireworks somewhere.

dirtrider73068
07-03-2006, 09:34 PM
I have to work, have to be around for our Norman day that the city of norman puts on every year at reaves park. Have stuff go on all day then have the fireworks go off that night. They have something new this years a hot dog eating contest, I bet that is going to be a hoot to watch. They useally hand out watermelon to eat to the crowd as well, though each year it seems the crowd dwindles and gets less for the day and they all show up at night to watch the fireworks then go home. If any are inclined to check out it out you may see me out there will be working it all day and into the night, if any want to come out its at reaves park off of jenkins and constitution, just north of loyd noble.