View Full Version : Does anybody know?

Sooner Golf
06-28-2006, 07:22 PM
What is going into the pad site next to PF Chang's on memorial. The space is empty but has no "for lease" sign. I had heard Ruth's Chris, but then they were talking about going to the Deep Fork development (I think that fell through and they may be heading back to memorial corridor). Maybe it would be a Fleming's steak house.

jbrown84
07-02-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm not aware of an empty pad site anywhere near PF Chang's. There is a currently empty retail space between it and Red Robin, but it's not a restaurant, and there is no empty land.

What is the Deep Fork development?

John
07-03-2006, 02:01 AM
What is the Deep Fork development?

The old Applewood's, now North Fork. Nice place, btw. The new owners of Applewood's didn't do anything to keep things fresh. It became a very stale environment.

The DFG always delivers. :congrats:

sweetdaisy
07-03-2006, 07:03 AM
I've heard the North Fork place is AMAZINGLY good.

Karried
07-03-2006, 08:25 AM
The most important question in my mind regarding North Fork.. do they still serve warm apple fritters? LOL

John
07-03-2006, 09:35 AM
The most important question in my mind regarding North Fork.. do they still serve warm apple fritters? LOL

Absolutely!

Towards the end, that was the only thing worth eating at Applewood's.

Mmmmm, fritters!

Sooner Golf
07-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Actually, the Deep Fork Development has nothing to do with North Fork. The Deep Fork Development is on Classen Blvd. between NW Expressway and Grand Blvd. Basically between the strip mall and the cemetary. It is mostly office condos, but it will have at least one restaurant that I know of and maybe another.

It is no way related to Wade Starr or anyone else involved in the Deep Fork restaurants.

metro
07-03-2006, 12:16 PM
I love their apple fritters, the DFG would have been stupid if they did not purchase the recipe and maintain selling them. Of course they absolutely will keep the tradition alive, its just sad to see an OKC icon Applewoods gone.

jbrown84
07-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks Sooner Golf. I knew that you weren't talking about the North Fork restaurant. I didn't know anything about that development in the Belle Isle area. Thanks for filling us in.

SoonerDave
07-23-2006, 06:12 AM
Hey, let me give some personal props to the North Fork restaurant. I'll put a full post in the Food Court board, but since it was mentioned here, let me just say our experience there last Friday was great.

-SoonerDave

Midtowner
07-23-2006, 08:41 AM
North Fork = Excellent.

Owned by the same folks who own Deep Fork Grille and Cafe Nova.

Go there.

Karried
07-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Are you talking about the new Mexican restaurant coming in on that pad next to PF Changs - behind Circuit City?

John
07-24-2006, 12:59 AM
Are you talking about the new Mexican restaurant coming in on that pad next to PF Changs - behind Circuit City?

No, that would be Qdoba. AKA Chipotle-lite.

The pad site is the one remaining in the quadrant with Bravo!, PF Changs, Beauty Brands, Red Robin and _________.

jbrown84
07-24-2006, 12:21 PM
No, that would be Qdoba. AKA Chipotle-lite.

The pad site is the one remaining in the quadrant with Bravo!, PF Changs, Beauty Brands, Red Robin and _________.

It's not a pad site. There is already a building there.