View Full Version : OId Chicago franchise coming to OKC

metro
06-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Don't know if any of you caught this but Old Chicago restaurant is coming to OKC. It's first location will be in Midwest City in the Towne Center Plaza on SE 29th. Plans are also in the works for an Edmond, Norman, and Bricktown location.

www.oldchicago.com

escan
06-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Wonder why they'd start out there? I'll never go.....too bad, I love Old Chicago.

diesel
06-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Wonder why they'd start out there? I'll never go.....too bad, I love Old Chicago.

There is nothing wrong with MWC.. :)

The Old Downtown Guy
06-28-2006, 03:41 PM
What is Old Chicago?

Lauri101
06-28-2006, 04:37 PM
There is nothing wrong with MWC.. :)

That's right, diesel - some of the nicest people live there, don't we?! :tiphat:

I also would like to know about the restaurant - never heard of it personally. However, with MWC's lack of good restaurants, it is welcome!

diesel
06-28-2006, 04:59 PM
That's right, diesel - some of the nicest people live there, don't we?! :tiphat:

I also would like to know about the restaurant - never heard of it personally. However, with MWC's lack of good restaurants, it is welcome!

Yes lived here all my life.. MWC that is... Great place to be!! It looks like a nice addition to all the stuff on 29th..

Pete
06-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Old Chicago is okay but it's hard to imagine the need for another chain burger-pizza-beer place in OKC.

I honestly don't understand how the area can support the glut of these types of places. I suppose the strong will survive!

Bobby H
06-28-2006, 07:17 PM
They seem to do well in Colorado Springs. I visited one up there on the booming Powers Blvd. corridor. Pretty good food. Wish they would build one down here around Lawton. Folks here are still pining away for a freaking Olive Garden.
:beaten_fi

Bobby H
06-28-2006, 07:17 PM
They seem to do well in Colorado Springs. I visited one up there on the booming Powers Blvd. corridor. Pretty good food. Wish they would build one down here around Lawton. Folks here are still pining away for a freaking Olive Garden.:beaten_fi

Omaha Cowboy
06-29-2006, 03:06 AM
We've had Old Chicago's in Omaha (4 locations) for years now..They have a wide variety of domestic and international beers on tap..Along with some popular micro brews..Their food is good and moderatly priced. The fare ranges from steak to pizza to burgers/sandwiches to calzones..

I think you'll like Old Chicago in OKC..I'd call them a sports-themed restaurant/sportsbar..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace

OSUFlounder
06-29-2006, 08:40 AM
I lived in Omaha for several years as an undergrad in college. Old Chicago was a favorite place to eat for many on campus - beer and pizza mostly. I never had a bad experience. The food is good and I'm glad to hear they are coming to the metro area. I won't go out to the one in MWC - just never go out that way. But I will go to the one in Norman or Bricktown when it opens.

BDP
06-29-2006, 09:56 AM
We already have an Old Chicago in bricktown. It's called Tap Werks and TP definately has better atmosphere than OC. OC is just a another chain with more beer selections.

I went to the one in Colorado Springs about 10 years ago, when these mega=beer selection places were still something new. I was impressed by the beer selection, but those places are a dime a dozen now and I don't see how it bring sanything new to the area. It will be good for MWC or Edmond, but it would just result in saturation in Bricktown. And, at the end of the day, given the choice between two mega-beer places, I'm going to go to the local one with some degree of charm over the sterile feeling chain.

metro
06-29-2006, 10:27 AM
I never go to MWC but I'll probably check the place out when it opens. The Bricktown, Edmond and Norman locations are just now in the planning stages, the MWC has broken ground. I don't care about the beer although they are infamous for their World Beer Tour. I want to go to get some good Chicago Style deep dish pizza. Can't seem to find any good Chicago style pizza around the metro anymore. There used to be a place on NW 23rd and Meridian called Chicago's but now it's El Pollo Chulo or Loco, whichever it's called.

scotplum
06-29-2006, 01:24 PM
I never go to MWC but I'll probably check the place out when it opens. The Bricktown, Edmond and Norman locations are just now in the planning stages, the MWC has broken ground. I don't care about the beer although they are infamous for their World Beer Tour. I want to go to get some good Chicago Style deep dish pizza. Can't seem to find any good Chicago style pizza around the metro anymore. There used to be a place on NW 23rd and Meridian called Chicago's but now it's El Pollo Chulo or Loco, whichever it's called.

Sophabella's Deep dish ain't too bad. You'll have heartburn for a few hours afterwards but it's delicious other than that.

Martin
06-29-2006, 02:10 PM
looks decent enough... i'll have to try it when it comes in. so, is it more of a restaurant that sells alot of beer or a beer joint that serves alot of food? i've always felt tapwerks was a bar that serves food... this looks like a restaurant that happens to sell alot of beer.

ok... i'm going to stray from the topic for just a second... who has great chicago style pizza around here, anyway? i've really been jonesin' for some. -M

SoonerDave
06-29-2006, 02:48 PM
There used to be a place called Windy City in Bricktown with really good deep-dish pizza, but they closed down and became some other kind of hangout/bar, don't know, didn't keep track once WC closed.

Hideaway on N. Western makes pretty darned good deep-dish pizza, although I must admit deep-dish isn't exactly my favorite variety..I'm more of a "medium-dish" kinda person :)

-SoonerDave

escan
06-29-2006, 03:26 PM
About the only place that claims to be "Chicago Style" is Sophabella's. Windy City became Daiquiri Zone and Chicago's on NW 23rd was a hotdog place, not pizza.

Whew! That's a lot of info! :)

metro
06-30-2006, 09:17 AM
True but they did have Chicago style pizza. I don't know of any true Chicago style pizza shops around here. I need to give Sophabella's a try, I tried once before but the smoke inside was far too much for me. I only took two steps into the enclosed entryway and came out reeking of smoke the rest of the night. Now that the new smoking laws are in place, I might give it another shot. I thought Windy City was not all that to say the least.

jdsplaypin
06-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Is there a New York style pizzeria. I don't live in OK city, but visit often.

metro
07-03-2006, 12:11 PM
I here that Gaetano's in Edmond is the best for NYC style pizza in OKC, I haven't been there yet but plan on it. I've had a few good NYC style pizza's around town but the names escape me at the present moment, I'll have to get back to you.

jbrown84
07-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Where is Gaetano's?

metro
07-05-2006, 10:19 AM
In Edmond on Broadway just north of 33rd.