View Full Version : Breaking Through Luncheon

metro
06-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Anybody else going?

Breaking Through Luncheon
6/28/2006
11:30 AM to 1:00 PM

Event Description - -
Breaking Through luncheons focus on topics that relate to metropolitan area growth, which affect businesses. Economic development is fundamental for advancing our great city and Oklahoma City continues to experience revitalization!

Tom McDaniel, president of Oklahoma City University, will moderate a guest panel associated with residential development, including Grant Humphreys of Block 42, Anthony McDermid of the Triangle and Randy Hogan with Centennial. The speakers will discuss the progress of downtown housing and its economic impact.

Reservations made within 72 hours of the event will be charged a late fee. For questions contact Macay Bolay at 297-8964 or mbolay@okcchamber.com.

metro
06-28-2006, 12:57 PM
I just got back a little while ago. I didn't think it was all that great, especially for the $$$. 25 bucks for a lunch that cost them about $5-6 a piece. The only good thing was the networking opportunities. The panel of developers which included Anthony McDermid, Grant Humphreys, and Randy Hogan was nothing too impressive to say the least. At best, everything they said you could have already read in a newspaper, nothing new or insider information. Afterwards, I spoke with Randy Hogan about the criticism he often receives for "lower Bricktown" he basically just defended his case saying the city and he thought he was right, I asked him if he could have been more visionary with the materials, etc, he basically said he didn't think new brick fit in with old brick whether that is right or not.

I saw/talked to Steve Lackmeyer, anyone else attend?

BDP
06-28-2006, 01:17 PM
I asked him if he could have been more visionary with the materials, etc, he basically said he didn't think new brick fit in with old brick whether that is right or not.

Did he assume brick or did you specifically mention brick? IMO, being visionary would have been to use a new material or design that defined the area, other than tilt up concrete. I don't think the problem is that LB lacks brick, it's that it lacks any type of vision or design.

metro
06-28-2006, 01:23 PM
I specifically mentioned brick or any other material with better design intergrity other than the cheap stucco he is using. He seemed he just wanted to get his projects done and make his money just as many on here have suspected. I asked him just because he met the design requirements if he couldn't have been more visionary for the long-term, especially now since Bricktown is coming into fruition, just imagine in 20 years how "un-visionary" his projects will look.