View Full Version : Paciugo

diesel
06-26-2006, 10:10 AM
If you have ever been to Dallas, they have a string of shops called Paciugo there. They serve gelato. And if you have ever had gelato, you know its wonderful. Gelato is an Italian frozen dessert made from milk (or also soy milk) and sugar, combined with otehr flavorings. The gelato ingredients (after an optional pasteurization) are super-cooled while stirring to break up ice crystals as they form. There are no artificial flavoring and preservatives in the product. Like high end ice cream, gelato generally has less than 35% air - resulting in a dense and extremely flavoursome product. Well they were looking at coming to Oklahoma City but the franchisee in Edmond called off the deal for some reason. Well they are looking at coming to Oklahoma City and looking for franchisees. If you are interested you can email the owner Ugo Ginatta @ ugo@paciugo.com. Or check out the website at http://www.paciugo.com/

I love their gelato and would love to see someone bring them to Oklahoma City.. The already have many locations located in Dallas and they are doing very well!!

jbrown84
06-27-2006, 12:24 AM
That would be great to have here. I love gelato. I'd stay away from Edmond though. They already have Baskin Robbins (x2), Marble Slab, Cold Stone, Maggie Moo's (at Quail), Freddy's Frozen Custard, Shakey's Frozen Custard, and a couple other local places.

I think Bricktown would be a much better location because it's obviously underserved compared to the Edmond area.

metro
06-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Put you together a business plan and go to the SBA and SCORE and get approved for a business loan.

diesel
06-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Put you together a business plan and go to the SBA and SCORE and get approved for a business loan.

I don't think its just as easy as that to run a business... :) There is a whole lot more to it that I don't know about..

metro
06-27-2006, 10:26 AM
It is. It's just a matter of how hard one wants to try. I've worked with the SBA and SCORE and they are very cooperative in getting you to accomplish your goal of whatever your business might be.

diesel
06-27-2006, 12:31 PM
It is. It's just a matter of how hard one wants to try. I've worked with the SBA and SCORE and they are very cooperative in getting you to accomplish your goal of whatever your business might be.

SBA being small business administration? and score is what?

metro
06-27-2006, 12:40 PM
SBA is small business administration and SCORE (service corps of retired executives) is a department under them, the department that helps you put your business plan together, evaluate it, and get it approved. Once your approved by the SBA funding is pretty much secured since the government is backing the loan.

jbrown84
07-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Ha. I will be opening no businesses with my current income. I was just speaking hypothetically.