View Full Version : View Yourself, View Others

Leon
06-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, well, well, here it is, about 10:30 on a Saturday night as I begin to write this. This is the first Saturday night in weeks that I actually 'could have' gone out. But I decided not to.

Ya see, I've been hoping to find a serious or semi-serious woman somewhere. More specifically, one I'm attracted too also.

So I think.....Many questions....What actually attracts me? And what's attractive about me?

Physical appearance is critical. I don't mean you must be a "10" with a perfect body and face. I mean your body, your dress, and your behavior are all visible. And they are what cause a person to decide whether you are approachable or not. Any one of those factors can be a show-stopper in both directions.

Body too good: obsessed with physical fitness, I'm not.
Body too bad: lifestyle indicator, not my type
Dress too up: obsessed with appearance, too much time shopping, no amount of money is enough, self-centered, hours to get dressed for a trip to Wal-Mart, etc.
Dressed too down: trash, dirty house, bad hygeine
Behavior: too outgoing, no time for me; introverted, I need help to carry the conversation; too flirty, she either cheat or I'll be competing the rest of my life.

With all these "toos", I think my godess is probably not in a nightclub on a Saturday night....time to stop looking for her there.

So, to view myself, I "think" I'm not in bad physical shape but I'm no work-out freak. I'm sure I don't dress bad or too uppity. My behavior....that changes with time....It takes me a bit of time to open up. That's Leon's problem....most ladies are too impatient to see 'me' and move on before 'I' show up.

So.....how do you single see yourselves and others?

TomGirl
06-24-2006, 10:37 PM
I went out out to H. Hudson's tonight and the most wonderful man was there...I didn't sit next to him and didn't hardly talk to him, but he's beautiful, smart and funny. He doesn't have a clue that I'm thinking of him the entire time that I'm there. OK, I'm crashing now, I've been out all night...oooo...11:35...I'm such a whimp!

windowphobe
06-25-2006, 10:05 AM
"Beautiful, smart and funny"? Obviously it wasn't me.

TomGirl
06-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Which means I could probably talk to you, if he was to say hi or something,I would just lock up and act like a retard!

Midtowner
06-25-2006, 01:14 PM
TomGirl -- apparently there is a dating service for people with "life challenges" (acting like a retard)

http://www.lovebyrd.com/profile_view.php?user_id=15107

this is an attempt at humor

TomGirl
06-25-2006, 02:53 PM
and....how do YOU know about that site Midtowner?...lol!

Midtowner
06-26-2006, 06:40 AM
Google.