View Full Version : My second obvious question... Rental Housing

Redneck Cabbie
06-23-2006, 10:59 AM
My fiance and I will expect an after tax income of around 2,800 per month. (It aint the money that keeps me behind the wheel) We don't really want to own a home as our kids are grown and neither of us are particularly handy.

What areas are better than others in the $600-700 range for a two bedroom home? Any areas to be avoided totally?

metro
06-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Well to be a good citizen, I would say don't avoid any area. It's simply a matter of lifestyle preference, area, style, etc. Like I always tell clients, I can't sign an agreement if you first don't come up with the proposal. I have to know what I'm committing to, just like you need to give us some parameters to work with.

On another note, Welcome to OKC and I hope you enjoy it here!

Redneck Cabbie
06-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Well...

I'm not a suburbanite. I'm not into the "Del Webb" type of comunities. (Not that I could afford it)

Something close to a Wal-Mart would suit my fiance greatly.:tweeted:

An older house would be fine, as long as it wasn't a firetrap. I'd like to get a dog, so a place with a fenced yard would be nice.

Midtowner
06-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Del City/Midwest City might be where you should look.

Lauri101
06-23-2006, 01:34 PM
I've lived in Midwest City for 23 years. There are quite a few houses for rent.

Best to get south of E. Reno as the areas north have a lot of B&E crimes reported in the police report.

dirtrider73068
06-23-2006, 04:31 PM
My fiance and I will expect an after tax income of around 2,800 per month. (It aint the money that keeps me behind the wheel) We don't really want to own a home as our kids are grown and neither of us are particularly handy.

What areas are better than others in the $600-700 range for a two bedroom home? Any areas to be avoided totally?

Check out normantranscript.com they have listings for 2 bed houses or even a 3 bed for around 600-700 a month, if you are talking about renting. We have 2 walmarts in norman one east other west side. Norman is not a bad town to live in, pretty decent, once you get use to the ou football traffic.

Midtowner
06-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Why would anyone rent a house?

Especially if you're getting that income tax refund. Put it back and save it for the down payment/closing costs on a new home.

OklaCity_75
06-23-2006, 07:13 PM
You may want to look into buying a condominium or a duplex.

There are several around the metro that offer a small backyard and many of the same functions a house would provide.

dirtrider73068
06-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Well I read a article that a guy has wrote some books on house buying and says cause of the market now is to blame the lenders, they have been lending and lending its driving the house market into a recession, and the bottom will soon fall out of it and you will be able to buy a very good house for cheap. He also stated that many condo builders are getting have finsihed with there houses and selling them cheap and unfinished to get out from under them cause they aren't getting anything out of them. If this is the case I may wait a bit myself and see what happens, I may get one heck of a house alot cheaper.