View Full Version : My first obvious question... Taxicab industry

Redneck Cabbie
06-23-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't expect an expertise answer on this one, unless there is another cabbie in the member list.

I guess what I want to know is, do you see a lot of cabs sitting around doing nothing? (bad sign)

I you take cabs, what is your impression of the service you receive?

I've seen a few cabs out there on the couple of visits I've made. They seem to be in pretty good shape. (at least Yellow Cabs) Is the case with most?

Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

windowphobe
06-23-2006, 07:13 PM
I've taken a few cabs in my day (most recently, last year); I've never seen one in really bad shape, though some of them could stand a little freshening. The drivers seem to be a friendly lot, for the most part.

Some Guy
06-23-2006, 07:22 PM
I've really only taken cabs to and from the OKC airport, but the drivers have always been very professional, courteous and helpful. The cabs have seemed to be in pretty good shape -- especially, compared to the cabs in larger cities. One thing I have noticed at the airport is the competition from vans parked near the cab line. In larger cities, it seemed that the cost of taking a van only made sense if you were traveling with a group of people. However, as I recall, in OKC the cost of a single passenger in a van seems to be competitive with the cost of a single passenger in a cab. Hope some of this helps...