View Full Version : School Bus Assault

Karried
06-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Has anyone else seen this video? It was all over the news.. a little 10 year old.. it makes me so sick. Poor little thing, but I have to ask, why would his parents subject him to riding a bus with 13-14 year olds? I know he skipped grades and is smart but that might make him even more a target.

I hope this 14 year old ends up in juvenile detention for years. This takes bullying to a new level.. he could have really hurt him badly.

http://www.wndu.com/news/062006/news_50704.php

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player05.html?062106/062006_greta_busbeating&On_the_Record&Vicious%20Attack&acc&National&-1&new

OklaCity_75
06-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Call me a savage or whatever you want.

I believe every kid should know how to stand up and defend themselves.

I would rather see kid get physical with a bully and rough them up, than see the picked on to the point he/she blows up and does something crazy.

Midtowner
06-22-2006, 09:36 PM
A 10 year old against two 14 year olds is a fairly hopeless scenario.

OklaCity_75
06-22-2006, 10:24 PM
That is when it is time to call in the kids big brother or maybe even a cousin.

Whatever happened to the jocks that would give somebody a pounding for not picking on someone their own size?

Midtowner
06-22-2006, 10:39 PM
They rode a different bus.

Karried
06-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Okla 75, were you able to watch the video.... little guy tried to fight back while the big kid was putting his finger in his face ( pointed like a gun). But, it escalated and he couldn't have really fought back because the older bigger kid was standing up over him and whaling on him. Little punk.

I have an 8 year old and I can't imagine him trying to stand up for himself against this onslaught.. (although he packs a mean punch when my 13 year old pisses him off... it's kinda funny, like a Knat attacking a Grizzly - my older son will just put his hand on his head to hold him off.. he knows he can't really hurt him.) Of course, I try to prevent this kind of rough housing but maybe it does prepare them a bit for trying to defend themselves.

I hate to think about this.. how humiliating and scary for that young child. My husband always wonder why I drive the kids to school, sometimes four times a day, back and forth.... and why I don't make them take the bus.
I'll show him this video.

I know this is rare but I do know bullies are everywhere, not just on the bus, but maybe this will prevent some of the harassment.

I know we have to let justice take it's course, but it must be so hard for that Dad to not to want to go beat the crap out of this older kid ....
with a 2 x 4 ...:Smiley124

OklaCity_75
06-23-2006, 05:33 PM
It is shame stuff like this has to happen.

I remember a time when Dads would kick their sons butt for picking on someone smaller and younger. It was either that or turn older sibliings or cousins lose on them just give them a taste of thier own medicine.

Redneck Cabbie
06-23-2006, 05:53 PM
I was lucky as a kid. I was bigger than most of the bullies. From time to time, I'd have to remind them of that.

Problem is now days, kids don't fight... They shoot.

Let em duke it out. The bullies will get theirs in the end.

rxis
07-11-2006, 11:07 PM
no surprise to me.
It wasn't too long since I rode a school bus.
We even had gang fights at our bus stops. Most bus drivers just ignore the behavior if they can since they don't seem to want to be bothered by it.
My daughter's mother and I will not allow our children to ride school buses. It's bad enough at school so of course it will be even worse on the bus.