View Full Version : Lisa and Ron.......Where's Lisa?

Pages : [1] 2

jhughesokc
06-22-2006, 07:58 AM
Anybody curious where Lisa has been in the past week or so? Initially Ron reported she had a "pulled groin muscle". Now he does not even mention her. Is she gone?

Nana3blessed
06-26-2006, 09:38 PM
I would like to know where she is at also.

deadeye
06-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Where's Lisa. Someone must know something??

OklaCity_75
06-29-2006, 02:32 AM
My sources I know in radio have told me she is on voluntary medical leave.

Rumor has it she is in rehabilitation treatment for either substance abuse or alcoholism. Right now it looks as if she may be replaced by Shawn Kerry.

Rather or not that is fact or fiction I do not know for sure.

In my opinion I think BOB FM and several other city radio stations should seek new morning talent. Most of our morning hosts are wore out and just not entertaining any more.

I would love to see BOB FM pick up Walton and Johnson. They have one of the funniest morning shows I have heard. There is no toilet humor, no hitting on every soccer mom that calls, no flirting with the half wit man mattress intern, no cheesy old fart jokes. Nothing but pure comedy that keeps you laughing.

PrettyPlease
07-11-2006, 06:51 AM
I gotta agree with you, Moderator. I'm getting a bit tired of the same old jokes and of Ron complaining that he has no one special while at the same time bragging about his latest conquest. He's a moron.. and I know, I dated him once. On the other hand, I've always liked Lisa and she's the reason I continued to listen to them after they moved to Bob. I'll be switching stations now that she's gone.

JRODERY
07-18-2006, 02:14 PM
I miss Lisa and have been wondering where she is. The team of Lisa and Ron is the "thing"... one with out the other just doesn't cut it... and I am sorry I won't listen if they replace lisa with shawn kerry - there is NO comparison!!!

Dandy Don
07-18-2006, 08:34 PM
My guess is rehab too. Remember when she went off the deepend a couple of years ago one morning and ended up taking a little "mini-vacation"? She is definitely the better half of that team. Working with him would probably do the same to us too.

I can handle his toilet humor and half wit stories, but when he starts delving into politics, I want to choke him. Hopefully she'll be back soon before he runs us all off.

kllyk113
07-31-2006, 10:27 AM
That would be my guess, also, but why are they so hush-hush about it? I can understand not wanting to tell the world that you're in rehab again, but you would think they would come up with some sort of explanation, rather than just ignore it...Has anyone emailed or otherwise contacted the station?

Beauty1__
08-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I asked Ron today via e-mail, but there was a no comment due to privacy issues....I was putting in a birthday request. I think they are a great team together and agree that Shawn is not a Lisa...I get tired of the big deal he makes about sexy news...

OklaCity_75
08-03-2006, 01:55 PM
I think Lisa was the meat and potatoes of the morning show.

I see Bob FM bringing on a new morning show team or using someone who is syndicated such as John Boy and Billy or my favorite Walton and Johnson.

If they do not do that, I think you will see them doing a format change. I think OKC has too many rock and country stations. I could very easily see them doing a light rock station that would compete with Magic 104 or bringing WKY talk radio back on but over to the FM side.

Beauty1__
08-05-2006, 10:09 AM
I really liked the Lisa and Ron duo...Sorry to disagree that they need to be replaced, but that's what forums is about isn't it. Lisa and Ron are the best in the a.m., next on the list is Rick and Brad.

I'm not sure anyone was listening to Ron and Shawn this last week, but he mentioned to her about how she should take some opportunity before her??? (During their horoscope portion)... That made me think that Bob had offered the Job to her already.

thirschlein@cox.net
10-04-2006, 08:41 AM
I believe I know the reason but I won't post it here since this hasn't been made public while most everything else in her life has. It's nothing scandalous but obviously somewhat private since we listeners are puzzled.
Since there hasn't been a recent post about this, this may be old news and/or out of line so I'm hoping the moderator will let me know.
Lisa Fan since 1990,
Toni

Beauty1__
10-04-2006, 08:56 AM
I haven't heard anything new since my post, but would like to know...I get tired of the "sexy" news...It's not sexy... I miss Lisa

Beaver Puncher
10-07-2006, 07:12 PM
All of the morning drive shows are horrible. Get Sirius radio and listen to Howard Stern.

Lurker34
11-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Both stations (BOB-FM & KRXO) have taken it in the shorts with the latest ratings, with BOB taking the worse beating.

I agree morning radio sucks, however I don't think another satellite morning show is the answer. I would like to hear music in the morning, not a bunch of gums flapping. But if they do have to flap their gums, I wish they would talk about something local!:sofa:

sew&sew
11-07-2006, 06:23 AM
Hello! I'm new here so bear with me. Don't know anything about Lisa (I like her as well). Noticed today no Ron, no Shawn, no Sooner Man, no Toof. Wonder what's up with that? Did they bail or get fired? As far as Ron griping about not having a partner--notice how he interrupts any woman speaking? I don't know how Shawn Carey put up with it. I like him but he's getting old & too rude for words.

peewee
11-08-2006, 04:45 AM
I noticed the same thing,no one was on the air yesterday.I am curious to see if they will be on today.Of course, they won't tell us anything,they treat us like children but yet they expect us to keep listening.I am about to give up on "the bob". I want Lisa back,even if she is on another station, I will tune in to that one.Ron can't carry the show by himself, that's obvious. I takes,toof,sooner man,and shawn carey just to cover for Lisa,that ought to tell them something.

sew&sew
11-08-2006, 04:56 AM
Well I've got Bob FM on right now--will be interesting to see what's said...I agree though--they treat us like children. Ron certainly has a big ego if he thinks that folks will put up with his b.s. forever. My husband and I followed Lisa & him from their last radio gig...not sure we'll do it again though.

sew&sew
11-08-2006, 05:13 AM
Well, well, well. No Ron, Toof, SoonerMan or Shawn. You'd think someone would be decent enough to mention something but then that's too much to ask I suppose. I sure hope Lisa is okay--would love to have her back on the air.

peewee
11-08-2006, 05:19 AM
Yep, I'm listening too,but I am fixing to change stations,I'm not listening to a station that keeps it's listeners in the dark. I will keep watching this site to see if anyone hears anything.

sew&sew
11-08-2006, 05:31 AM
Just heard on Bob "Ron is taking a few days off but he'll be back Monday with some surprises". Here's a surprise: If you folks at Bob keep acting like jerks the surprise is you won't have any listeners!

peewee
11-08-2006, 05:43 AM
I'm with you,the surprise might just be on them! Hopefully, the surprise will be Lisa is back!!

sail-lover
11-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Stacy Barton from Magic104 is moving to BOB. Probably starting monday AM. I noticed that she was not on 104 this morning so I started searching. She has a blog. I don't remember the site but search Stacy Barton and you'll find it. She says on there that she'll be on BOB's morning show with two "guys you'll know".

MadMonk
11-08-2006, 03:51 PM
I don't have a problem with Lisa being gone. It sounds like the was more trouble than she's worth. The "sexy news" is lame, but the birthday segment is usually pretty good.

peewee
11-09-2006, 04:46 AM
Lisa,had her problems,I was listening the morning she lost it but she got help and had been doing an excellent job, when she disappeared again.Everybody has their problems but she was brave enough to share and just maybe helped someone else in the process.I'm not saying she was perfect but the show isn't the same without her.I just wished someone new exactly what happened to her and would tell us all.Is she dead or alive??

Lurker34
11-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Rumor has it, come Monday, you will hear a tamed down version of BOB. More soft rock. Toof and Shawn are gone, there is a possibility that Ron might not even be there. And if Ron isn't there Soonerman won't be either. :fighting2

peewee
11-13-2006, 04:08 AM
I heard Ron do his commercial thing about he will be back on this morning(Monday) with some surprises.I will be listening just to see what is going on but I will probably quit listening.I'm not a "Ron" fan and I don't know Stacy Barton if that's their surprise. I will give it a go but still can't feature the show with out Lisa.If anyone knows for sure where she's at or what's happened to her,let us know.If she is on another station, let me know and I will switch to that one.Less than and hour to go but I'm sure I will be disappointed.

peewee
11-13-2006, 05:25 AM
Well, so far I hate it but I will listen for several more mornings before I switch to another station.The chemastry just isn't there, maybe it will be later on.Don't know who the other guy is and where he came from.

MadMonk
11-13-2006, 12:08 PM
I missed it this morning. What's the surprise?

sweetdaisy
11-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Google is an amazing thing...

From the station page:

Bob's Big Breakfast
Mornings are brand new on 96.9 BOB-FM! It's "Bob's Big Breakfast" with Stacy, Ron and Phil. Start your day with a healthy serving of whole grain fun, weekdays from 6am to 9:30am.

Phil is from 98.9 FM; he was one of the personalities from the afternoon show, Phil & Drew.

Easy180
11-13-2006, 02:16 PM
An easy fix...Get XM and listen to the Opie and Anthony show on your commute...Little crude but very funny

MadMonk
11-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Google is an amazing thing...

Even more amazing is the fact that I got you to do my research for me. MMMWWWUUUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAA! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/509.gif

Thanks for the info.

sweetdaisy
11-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Even more amazing is the fact that I got you to do my research for me. MMMWWWUUUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAA! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/509.gif

Another amazing thing is that I'm actually posting in a dumb thread about something I know nothing about and answering questions for "members" who really have nothing to do with this board.

SIGH...I need a more productive way to spend my time.

But I was happy to help you, MadMonk. At least you're a committed member of this forum! :)

peewee
11-21-2006, 05:44 AM
Ron, was always complaining about people getting ahead of themselves with X-mas stuff before Thanksgiving, well guess what, "the bob" is only playing X-mas music, at least we don't have to listen to Ron all the time. He sure doesn't mention his place anymore,I bet the station put a stop to that after they changed formats,with the new people. I have now switch to the Stillwater station that plays oldies. I think Bob is on a downhill slide!!

MrZ
11-21-2006, 06:17 AM
97.3 Jack FM.. been listening to it for several months while I take my kids to school in the morning. No idiots blabbering in the morning, just good music.

charlienokc66
11-21-2006, 06:02 PM
wanna know what happened to Lisa?
She fell off the wagon and went into long term rehab. I understand she is doing very well. BOB FM SUCKS now. i hate the morning show, and it is too early to play Christmas music

peewee
11-22-2006, 10:53 AM
I don't know if I believe that she is in "long term rehab" all rehab is long term because it's for life, and I don't really think she fell off the wagon. Someone would have to prove that to me before i would believe it. Someone must really know for sure. How about some of her friends letting us know that she is alive and well. Maybe her husband is letting her be a stay at home wife.

JimCripps
11-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Well, after all this, it's becoming obvious that the BOB is changing formats now. With the constant Christmas music, it's also probable that the station is waiting for a DJ's contract to expire before they can go on-air at BOB. Or, waiting until the new year when they can have a particular syndicated show for this market.

Either way, the station is clearing out the old listeners, including myself. There's no reason to go back.

writerranger
11-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Well, after all this, it's becoming obvious that the BOB is changing formats now. With the constant Christmas music, it's also probable that the station is waiting for a DJ's contract to expire before they can go on-air at BOB. Or, waiting until the new year when they can have a particular syndicated show for this market.

Either way, the station is clearing out the old listeners, including myself. There's no reason to go back.

It's a Citadel thing.....they do this in a lot of their markets. In fact, 98.9 KYIS did the same thing last year (year before?) and everyone thought they were changing formats. Nothing happened. Don't expect BOB to go anywhere this time. A new morning show? Maybe, but I am guessing the format stays.

---------------

bushinspector
02-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Channel 4 is going to do with Lisa on Monday. She has been in rehab again.

Legal
02-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Stacy Barton is the best thing BOB has going now. I am sure she brought a lot of listeners from Magic 104, now if only they could get rid of Ron. He thinks he is God's gift to women and he cant keep quiet and let anyone else speak. I say GOODBY RON.

bushinspector
02-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Does anyone think she will get a new gig?

bushinspector
02-24-2007, 06:15 PM
The interview will be on channel 4 at 10:00 on 2/26/07.

writerranger
02-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Channel 4 is going to do with Lisa on Monday. She has been in rehab again.

Our own local soap opera crap on television instead of real news. We see this on the national news all the time so what's new?
Frankly, who CARES? It's a personal issue between the girl, her family and her doctors - period.

---------------------------------------

bushinspector
02-25-2007, 11:06 AM
I guess since the thread has been read 7409 times a lot of people care. Just wanting to know if someone is doing OK is caring!.

writerranger
02-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Wondering if someone is okay is one thing. Devoting news time to on an already news-less newscast seems ridiculous. She was a disk jockey! A lot of people are in and out of rehab and it's not news. We glamorize the drug users when we place them in the role of 'victim" and profile them. Oh, but we have to show we "care." Puhlease.

NE Oasis
02-26-2007, 07:00 AM
[QUOTE=writerranger;85566] We glamorize the drug users when we place them in the role of 'victim" and profile them. /QUOTE]

As a friend of Lisa, but also as an alcoholic (sober since 1991, and I blame nobody but myself for my condition) I disagree with this perspective. What you see as glamorizing I see as displaying that alcohol can destroy lives locally in people
just like us, not just the wealthy and Hollywood elite.

drumsncode
02-26-2007, 01:18 PM
People are interested in the lives of other people. That's why Anna Nicole Smith ratings are through the roof on stations that feature it.

The TV personality threads on this board receive a huge number of hits.

I'm guessing the story tonight on KFOR will generate a lot of ratings. We'll see. Besides, I'll take a story about a person anyday over the usual parade of crime, death, and destruction. I get really tired of seeing the broadcasts opening with mugshots before we even see the anchors.

writerranger
02-26-2007, 01:30 PM
People are interested in the lives of other people. That's why Anna Nicole Smith ratings are through the roof on stations that feature it.

The TV personality threads on this board receive a huge number of hits.

I'm guessing the story tonight on KFOR will generate a lot of ratings. We'll see. Besides, I'll take a story about a person anyday over the usual parade of crime, death, and destruction. I get really tired of seeing the broadcasts opening with mugshots before we even see the anchors.

I agree with that. I just lament the days when all the TV stations had a bureau at the state capitol and gave us real news that affected our lives.

------------

drumsncode
02-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I agree with that. I just lament the days when all the TV stations had a bureau at the state capitol and gave us real news that affected our lives.

------------

It's funny, I've read parts of this board where everyone is fed up with all the useless crime news, i.e, a shooting in the parking lot of a bar. But then someone will jump in and say that if the news stations don't show that stuff, no one will watch. Are we all in Oklahoma suffering from the Jerry Springer Syndrome, where we just want to see "crap", just for the shock value of it?

Easy180
02-26-2007, 02:53 PM

------------

Seeing as they really only work around 60 days out the year at the capitol there isn't much to report most of the time :tiphat:

SoonerBorn1973
02-27-2007, 07:44 AM

------------

I've said it before and I'll say it again: OETA has a Capitol bureau. How many people watch them?

You do realize that "local" news is dedicated to information that affects people locally? Lisa Mirick has been the topic of conversation for many people for many months. Thousands of people woke up each morning with Lisa for years. So you tell me what's wrong with informing those people on where Lisa has been?

writerranger
02-27-2007, 12:04 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: OETA has a Capitol bureau. How many people watch them?

You do realize that "local" news is dedicated to information that affects people locally? Lisa Mirick has been the topic of conversation for many people for many months. Thousands of people woke up each morning with Lisa for years. So you tell me what's wrong with informing those people on where Lisa has been?

We just have differing opinions on what 'news' is. OETA covers the capitol - and that means, what? There is some insinuation in your post that they get low ratings because of it, and that the network affiliates must cover schlock to keep high ratings. OETA has almost no money, the other three are commercial enterprises backed by huge marketing dollars and can manage to cover - mostly schlock. We see what we see: 'LIVE!!!' from locations that mean nothing 12 hours after a robbery occurred, coverage of disk jockeys in distress (that could cover a years worth of programming alone), if they can work 'SEX!!!' into a lead story they'll do it. I could go on and on. Are they simply giving people what they want? Maybe so. Are they giving people what they need to know based on classic journalistic standards? No way.

------------------------

drumsncode
02-27-2007, 12:14 PM
We just have differing opinions on what 'news' is. OETA covers the capitol - and that means, what? There is some insinuation in your post that they get low ratings because of it, and that the network affiliates must cover schlock to keep high ratings. OETA has almost no money, the other three are commercial enterprises backed by huge marketing dollars and can manage to cover - mostly schlock. We see what we see: 'LIVE!!!' from locations that mean nothing 12 hours after a robbery occurred, coverage of disk jockeys in distress (that could cover a years worth of programming alone), if they can work 'SEX!!!' into a lead story they'll do it. I could go on and on. Are they simply giving people what they want? Maybe so. Are they giving people what they need to know based on classic journalistic standards? No way.

------------------------

Ah yes, your line about "LIVE", brilliantly put. I've been complaining to some others about that lately. It really stands out to me and annoys me.

Think of some of the story titles during February sweeps, it's been quite a hoot.
We had sex, we had asteroids killing us all, we had "gross things", we had Lance West falling through ice, we had the private life of Meg Alexander, we had designer-babies, I can't even remember them all. There were some very useful stories, but there was a LOT of hype.

Sadly, I don't think the stations will ever change it, because we obviously love it dearly!

Keith
02-27-2007, 06:45 PM
I had the chance to watch the interview between Linda Cavanaugh and Lisa, and it was interesting to say the least.

When she was in her broadcasting prime, she mentioned that she was making around $120,000.00 annually. That ain't bad for a DJ. What happened? Alcohol. Alcohol has caused her to lose her house and most everything she owns. She doesn't have a job, and I am sure radio stations are afraid to hire her.

She basically said that she was sick of her life, her job, and everything around her. Alcohol will do that to you.

She said that she is now sober and ready to start all over again. Do you think another station will hire her?

peewee
02-28-2007, 04:49 AM
I didn't get to see the interview but I sure hope things work out for her, she was one of my favorites. The BOB isn't the same without her, I don't care what they say. If I owned a radio station, I would hire her in a heartbeat!
You say she lost her house and most everything, is she still married to the welder? I can't imagine that a welder in OKC doesn't make enough money to help with the bills,unless he jumped the boat. I also know she moved into a less expensive house than what she used to have. I know she also had two dogs,does she still have those?? Maybe I can find someone who taped the interview.

Keith
02-28-2007, 05:11 AM
I didn't get to see the interview but I sure hope things work out for her, she was one of my favorites. The BOB isn't the same without her, I don't care what they say. If I owned a radio station, I would hire her in a heartbeat!
You say she lost her house and most everything, is she still married to the welder? I can't imagine that a welder in OKC doesn't make enough money to help with the bills,unless he jumped the boat. I also know she moved into a less expensive house than what she used to have. I know she also had two dogs,does she still have those?? Maybe I can find someone who taped the interview.
She still has her two dogs, and although she mentioned she had a husband, I don't know if "had" is past tense or not.

peewee
02-28-2007, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the info, I wish I knew how to get in contact with her,I lived with an alcholic spouse for 19 yrs but they never tried to get any help. I would like to offer her some help of some kind or just a friendly ear but I'm sure she's not listed in the phone book.

BailJumper
02-28-2007, 07:22 AM
Some okie station with poor ratings will probably scoop her up at much less than her reported $120K. Maybe KJ could hire her. Their morning crew couldn't do worse and could use the ratings. But I hear they pay them squat.

writerranger
02-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Some okie station with poor ratings will probably scoop her up at much less than her reported $120K. Maybe KJ could hire her. Their morning crew couldn't do worse and could use the ratings. But I hear they pay them squat.

That 120k figure doesn't wash for what even morning drive personalities are paid in this market. Especially a Citadel station. She had to be doing lots of other things on the side to make 120k a year.

-------------------------