View Full Version : Does anyone remember a band called OSAGE?

okcnative
06-21-2006, 07:43 AM
:rock_guit :rock_on: Some of you who were around and "of age" in Oklahoma City and Norman in the late 70's and early 80's may remember a band called OSAGE. I remember them playing around town and especially at O.U. functions. Does anyone else remember them?

Now, more than 20 years after the band split up, (and now that they've all successfully established themselves in their careers) these guys decided it was time to get back together just for the fun of it and for their love of music.

I don't think this is going to be a another lame comeback by former musicians yearning for their youth. Still being musical "perfectionists," they have been practicing and working on their music for about 6 months. These guys are all exceptional musicians in their own right (for example, check out Brett's credentials in film and television music at http://www.privatewavs.com/credits.html .) OSAGE was an incredibly tight band "back in the day" and I bet they will sound pretty good. The band consists of the twins, Stanley and Steven Walker on guitar, drums and vocals, Brett Walker (no relation) on guitar and vocals, Rick Dwinnell on keyboards and vocals, and Mark Camp, on bass and vocals.

OSAGE's first gig will be this Friday, June 23rd, at Brothers Eatery and Pub on Campus Corner in Norman. (563 Buchanan Ave.) I think there's a $5 cover if you show up just for the music near 9 p.m. It may be crowded on the patio where they are supposed to play, so you may want to get there early if you want to see these guys just for a blast from the past.

drumsncode
06-21-2006, 01:52 PM
OMG!!!!

I DO remember them, and I even had some ties with them. Yesterday I was going through some slides from about 1981 and I have a picture or two of Brett when he was in the recording studio with my own band, as a guest guitarist! If had prints of those slides, it would freak him out if I took them to a gig and gave them to him.

Pete
06-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Yes, they played at my senior graduation party (Putnam City '78) and we had them back for our 10-year reunion.

drumsncode
06-21-2006, 05:57 PM
I'll be dang, small world. I'm Putnam City '74. We played a few proms in our day too. If I remember, we played Putnam North's Christmas dance, or maybe the prom. Too many gigs, too many years ago.

Our band had some kind of odd ties with Osage, having to do with girlfriends and stuff like that. I remember we went into the recording studio to lay down one song that our guitarist had written, all instrumental. The two guitarists traded solos. It was cool, the contrasting styles.

I just may have to get off my butt and have those slides printed and hunt down Brett.

okcnative
06-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Drumsncode ---
Actually, that would be great. I have a few photos of the band members --- with the exception of Ric Dwinnell. This Friday, they are playing all their old hits, along with a few of Brett's original pieces. Why not come out and see them play? A GREAT blast from the past!

thomp
07-21-2008, 10:04 PM
wow...i remember osage from many shows at the old longbranch in okc, the gray fox in norman, la fragua in ada, and the 1980 (i think) ada high prom...in fact, several of the members would come down to the ranch outside of ada and shoot pistols with us. any more info on the band today?