View Full Version : Fans Needed

Karried
06-20-2006, 05:11 PM
I just saw a disturbing story on Channel 5 saying that people who have no air conditioners are in need of fans ..

Can we do a fundraising drive here and get something together and deliver fans to South OKC? It's only going to get worse in the upcoming months.

The news said that they are taking donations and fans to 319 South West 25th between Hudson and Harvey in OKC. The number to call is 232-0199 ext 2300 to request a fan or to make a donation.

This is so sad.. I can't even sleep at night when it's this hot.. it makes me so sad to think of elderly people or young children so hot and uncomfortable. Anyone for that matter.

Fans aren't all that expensive.... can we do this?

Maybe if we all donate a small amount via Paypal, we can collect the funds and go buy fans or donate the money to be used for fans.

Any ideas on how to start?

Karried
06-20-2006, 05:12 PM
I had another thought.. I wonder about going to Lowes or Home Depot or Ace and asking them if they would consider donating fans ? Especially if we get the media involved.. they might like the publicity.

Oki_Man5
06-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Not saying your idea is good or bad; just saying this is a thing that they do every year getting fans for those who do not have a/c or fans. Usually, the big corps like Wal-Mart or Target or whoever give a big load of fans, and the media gives them a big coverage. And yes, the general public donates too.

Karried
06-21-2006, 01:11 PM
I was watching the news and they said the place who usually gives out fans was out and didn't have any more. And that there was a long waiting list.. it made me extremely sad.. elderly people might not even be able to drive to get a fan even if they needed one. ... ( this might be a good time for any of us who know elderly people to call them and see if they are okay and if they need a fan).

Should we start a 'fan' drive? Is anyone else wanting to do it?

I can go buy the fans and drive them down there or we could all try to go together.

Anyone?