View Full Version : Sexual predators and the internet

okcpd
06-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Many may not know this here, but I have given your staff at OKCTalk.com education on how to deal with sexual predators that may possibly come to this site. I work with the cyberunit at the police department and we are faced with this issue on a daily basis.

We are also faced with how to deal with naive internet users that post information that make them vulnerable to attacks by sexual predators. I have also given your staff information on how to deal with this issue.

What advice do you have as users of this site?

okcpulse
06-19-2006, 09:08 AM
I highly recommend that personal information should not be given out to any other members. If you know this member in person, provide contact information via e-mail or PM.

People should really consider not using the internet as a medium for meeting someone of the opposite sex. It's dangerous enough out on the street. It's more dangerous on a computer, mainly because that person is not near your physical location... most of the time.

If you are using this site, do not invite other members for personal conversation. If you are harrassed by a member that is of the opposite sex, contact me or any of the other moderators immediately so that the situation is dealt with quickly. DO NOT TRY TO HANDLE THE MATTER YOURSELF, as you are taking risky chances. Posting provocative pictures on OKCTalk is discouraged, because even though it may be intended for someone you already know, someone else gets ideas, and you are a new target.

Also, explicit (XXX) photographs are prohibited on OKCTalk in accordance with state law.