View Full Version : Midtowners.. Italy? Details!!

Karried
06-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Hey Midtownerand Bandnerd,

Congratulations on your big day!

How was the honeymoon? Other than the normal honeymoon activities ( we don't want to know about that!) what were the highlights of the trip.. the best fun, best memory? Was it what you expected? Was the food awesome?

Tell us about it...

bandnerd
06-15-2006, 02:05 PM
I think the best part was having a flight delayed for two hours because someone decided to check a tank of tropical fish that busted...they thought the water was coming from the plane.

2 missed flights to OKC, one delayed bag of luggage, and one stay in the Houston Marriott Airport Hotel and I'm finally home.

Otherwise, trip was good, food wasn't as exquisite as I'd hoped for, but the scenery was amazing...however, travelling like that certainly makes you appreciate your home. Midtowner may disagree with me on that, but I was so happy to be in Houston just because I felt like the people were actually NICE for a change.

Karried
06-15-2006, 02:22 PM
OH my gosh!

How did you miss the flights.. delayed from another connection? That is so stressful.

My flight was delayed last night from Ca and I was stuck in Utah airport for what seemed like hours..

yes I agree on the nice people here in OK. I was at a restaurant yesterday for breakfast and I pulled open the door for a group and I thought the men would grab the door but they all just walked in! They didn't even say thanks! ... That made me really appreciate the Southern hospitality that we enjoy here..

Do you have lots of pictures? Share some with us..

Well, I'm glad you are home safe and sound. Congratulations again!

Patrick
06-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Your honeymoon sounds like ours. We were going to Kauai, Hawaii, and I missed our flight from here to Dallas. That threw everything off, and we ended up getting to Hawaii a day late, staying in Dallas a night! Argh! All that while our bags were sitting in Hawaii, because they'd been put on planes ahead of us. So we had no clothes, bathroom supplies, etc.

What's up with us and honeymoons? LOL!

Glad to have you guys back!

Keith
06-15-2006, 04:27 PM
That's why we drove on our honeymoon......25 years ago......so that we wouldn't have to worry about missing flights or being delayed.

Welcome back bandnerd/Midtowner......glad you had a great time.