View Full Version : Patrick is gone and so are a lot of other posters

Michael Holden
06-14-2006, 09:49 PM
patrick is gone on vacation and hasn't been posting. am I the only one to notice a lot of other posters are MIA? not just a few but many regular posters are not posting. i think because this board is so slow that patrick has created many sock puppets to post with. that means he is posting under many different names and profiles to make the board appear more active than it is. to me its obvious and too much of a coincidence. pretty lame.

HFK
06-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Troll

Patrick
06-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Actually I only post under one name on this forum. Always have, always will. Midtowner and bandnerd are on their honeymoon, Keith has been working 3 jobs, OklaCity_75 has been busy at work, this is Karrie's busiest time of the year since she's a realtor, etc. We've just all been busy.

I'm usually the thread starter in this forum, and I guess some people just haven't stepped up to the plate during my absence. But, at the same time, there hasn't been much in the news.

Patrick
06-14-2006, 09:58 PM
BTW, if you'd come to our events, you'd get to meet the many people here that you're calling sock puppets. I bet they wouldn't appreciate being called that.

okcpulse
06-14-2006, 09:59 PM
That's funny. This is your first post. Have you been watching and waiting?

Patrick
06-14-2006, 10:06 PM
I find it interesting that he's posting from a computer in Germany.

writerranger
06-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Off the top of my head, I can only think of Malibu Sooner and maybe the airport-centric posters that haven't posted. Who's missing? I was gone for a few days to Houston, but even then posted once. Who's missing that prompted your rather stupid post?

-------

writerranger
06-14-2006, 10:14 PM
I find it interesting that he's posting from a computer in Germany.

Proxy. You can count on it.

------------

Patrick
06-14-2006, 10:19 PM
By the way, my vacation ended early when the story about this site showed up in the Oklahoman. I don't officially leave the city until June 27th. I haven't been posting for the same reason as everyone else probably.....nothing to talk about right now.

OklaCity_75
06-14-2006, 11:39 PM
I have been around. I have just been reading more than posting.

This is summer time I am trying to spend more time outdoors... I missed out on my outdoor time over the last couple of summers because of school.

I have also been making the transtion from full time student to full time employment. I had to put in some serious overtime in order to get caught up on bills.

If you have that much spare time on your hands to count who is missing and who is not I think you need to get out more often.

This board is hobby for almost every member and moderator on this site. Therefore are personal lives, jobs and familes come first.

When it comes to my internet life and the real world, the real world will always come first.

HFK
06-15-2006, 05:00 AM
Succesful Troll :)

Pete
06-15-2006, 06:42 AM
I've been posting!

Just hasn't been much new news to talk about the last few weeks. :)

Martin
06-15-2006, 09:26 AM
ha... you bunch of sock puppets don't have me fooled.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bb/Sifl_and_Olly.jpg/180px-Sifl_and_Olly.jpg

seriously though... i'm still relatively new to this board but i think that it's a great place and an asset to the community. kudos to all involved in making it happen. -M

MadMonk
06-15-2006, 09:29 AM
That's funny. This is your first post. Have you been watching and waiting?
LMAO! I was thinking the same thing. :D

Karried
06-15-2006, 11:20 AM
LOL - I'm back! I just flew in from California last night - I was supposed to arrive at 8:55pm and the flight was delayed by a few hours.. nothing I like better than sitting in Utah for hours on end! I finally got in OKC at 11:00pm.. whew! Glad to be home.

I haven't been posting because I was on vacation with limited access to my friend's and family's computers... btw, who are you again?

I

Flatlander
06-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Whats so lame about vacation,church camp, band camp or just spending time with your family.The mods have kept all of us informed of thier plans.If this post person needs attention,just ask we will all be here for you.You need not stalk patrick.Have a wonderful day everyone.

Midtowner
06-15-2006, 11:31 AM
We're back from Italy as well.

sweetdaisy
06-15-2006, 11:34 AM
I think Michael Holden is one of Patrick's "sock puppet" members. :D

And, welcome back, Mr & Mrs Bandnerd-Midtowner. :)

writerranger
06-15-2006, 12:23 PM
We're back from Italy as well.

Hey -- Midtowner! Glad to have you back! I hope the two of you had a great trip and your new life has started well. The board hasn't been the same without you.

Mrs. Midtowner - WHAT have you got yourself into? :)

Congratulations to you both!

----

okcpulse
06-15-2006, 03:28 PM
writerranger, you were in Houston? We probably passed each other on I-45, as I live near the highway construction going on before you enter The Woodlands.

Patrick
06-15-2006, 03:49 PM
I had never even heard of the term sock puppet until I viewed this thread!!!

fromdust
06-15-2006, 06:54 PM
not that any one cares but i started back up again a few days ago. its been very busy for me latley.

Karried
06-15-2006, 08:10 PM
I care... welcome back .. even though you like Tulsa better than us, we still love you!

Keith
06-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Actually I only post under one name on this forum. Always have, always will. Midtowner and bandnerd are on their honeymoon, Keith has been working 3 jobs, OklaCity_75 has been busy at work, this is Karrie's busiest time of the year since she's a realtor, etc. We've just all been busy.

I'm usually the thread starter in this forum, and I guess some people just haven't stepped up to the plate during my absence. But, at the same time, there hasn't been much in the news.
These last 2-3 weeks have been extremely busy for me...that's why I haven't been on. Let's see........we are very shorthanded at work, so I am working an average of 9-12 hours a day, with no breaks or lunch hours. After I get off work, I am off to my second job, which is lawn care. I have 7 lawns I mow, and as hot as it has been lately, I have been zapped by the time I get home (usually dusk).

To top all of this off, church camp (Falls Creek) starts in two weeks and I am in charge of organizing everything......from getting medical releases from over 70 students (7-12th grade), to ordering t-shirts, to making sure all of the right foods are purchased for the camp, and to make sure that all of the camp fees are paid. Yes, I have been really busy. As a matter of fact, lately I have been logging on to this site from a computer at church because I have not been home much. Somewhere, between work, mowing, and organizing church camp, I am actually finding time to spend with my family.

Starting tomorrow, my supervisor starts his 10 day vacation, and I am acting in his place. That means carrying my two way radio with me everywhere I go, staying in the city, and being on call for 24 hours a day until Sunday, June 25.

What is so bad is that Sunday is father's day, and I will get to spend it at work. I give up.:surrender

fromdust
06-16-2006, 05:59 PM
I care... welcome back .. even though you like Tulsa better than us, we still love you!

i dont like tulsa. see, point proven.:)

sweetdaisy
06-16-2006, 08:09 PM
I had never even heard of the term sock puppet until I viewed this thread!!!

You've never heard the term "sock puppet"? WHA?

What about HoHo the Clown and his sidekick Pokey (wasn't that it's name?) Or was that before your time, Patrick? :)

Welcome back, everyone!! It's been a little slow without you all!

writerranger
06-16-2006, 11:15 PM

What about HoHo the Clown and his sidekick Pokey (wasn't that it's name?) Or was that before your time, Patrick? :)

LOL! Yes, indeed. HoHo and Pokey. The show was broadcast from the old Channel 5 studios at NW 63rd and Portland and.....drum roll..... I had my 7th birthday party on the show! We all got in on having enough wrappers from Kitty Clover Potato Chips! :) Good memories.

-----

jbrown84
06-18-2006, 06:13 PM
I've just returned from 15 days out west camping and backpacking, and for a month before that I was very busy finishing college.

Looks like I missed a few interesting pieces of news.

sweetdaisy
06-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Okay, I'm TOTALLY jealous of writerranger having his 7th birthday on HoHo's show!!! And I think I'm even more jealous of jbrown's 15 day camping/backpacking trip!

Ya'll have MUCH more interesting lives than me! :D

Welcome back, jbrown.

Patrick
06-18-2006, 08:51 PM

Actually I've never heard of any of those characters. What or who were they part of?

OklaCity_75
06-18-2006, 09:01 PM
http://tulsatvmemories.com/imag2004/hoho.jpg
HO HO

He may have been before your time Patrick.

I remember he came to my vacation bible school class in 1st grade.

He used to have a show on every Saturday morning on channel 5.

He passed on several years ago.

What was sad was that channel 5 did not cover his recent induction to the Oklahoma History museum 4 and 9 did.

Patrick
06-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Guess he was before my time. LOL! I'm clueless!

jbrown84
06-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Welcome back, jbrown.

Thanks. It's good to be back, even if no one missed me.

Kerry
06-19-2006, 05:45 PM
I can't remember if I posted this under another name or not but I was on vacation too.

Karried
06-19-2006, 05:52 PM
All of you are sorely missed when you aren't here..

I'm back from Jury Duty... yipee!!!

OUman
06-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Still around, just have been busy with other stuff lately.

OUman

SoonerDave
07-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Please forgive the OT addendum, but when I saw the HoHo reference, it brought back some nice memories.

HoHo, played by Ed Birchall, was a wonderful local children's show back when local television production meant something more than putting an idiot purple dinosaur on the screen and prancing in circles like a moron. Channel 5 had HoHo, and Channel 4 had a western-themed kids show called "Foreman Scotty and the Circle-4 Ranch." Ch 9 never got into the kid's show stuff much.

Birchall was teamed with a great sidekick, Pokey the (sock) Puppet who made all kinds of jokes which were funny to the kids, but often had at least some double-meaning that the grownups might get a chuckle out of it too - nothing tawdry or inappropriate, just little jokes the grownups at home would get.

He used to have a little dog, although his name escapes me at the moment ("Toto" comes to mind, but I won't swear to it), and would show films on what they called the "Tempus Levitator." He'd appear to climb in and go on some fun journey somewhere, like a zoo or something. The set was made to look (and wasn't much more than) some packing crates, in an effort to make it in the theme of Emmett Kelly's loveable hobo/clown notion.

HoHo used to devote an entire section of the show to showing nothing but crayon pictures the kids sent in (and mine showed up more than once), and he'd give away prizes like giant Tootsie Roll banks and "Suga Duga," (which was a crazy flavored sugar product back in the 70's).

At one point, there was a promotion with the long-since-defuct Humpty Dumpty grocery chain in OKC, where in a puzzle for giant Humpty Dumpty egg would appear, and if your name was drawn from a hopper, they'd call you and if you could tell them what number piece was still missing from the puzzle, you'd win a prize.

HoHo made all manner of public appearances at various events, appeared on the old Cerebral Palsy telethon that Channel 5 use to host locally (at the State Fairgrounds, no less, before a national affiliation began a few years later, but has since apparently disbanded). By everything I ever heard, he was a sweet, gentle man who had a big heart for children.

HoHo was just a wonderful, simple, fun show where kids just could watch and have fun; there were no agendas, no mindless drivel, just a show that treated kids like kids rather than brainless morons, as most kid-oriented TV has become. He was kinda like an Oklahoma City version of Bozo the Clown out of Chicago, just a lot less frenetic. When network TV decided that news shows were more important, HoHo got pushed out of the way and, sadly, off the air.

-SoonerDave

(We now return you to your regularly scheduled sock-puppet troll post)

mranderson
07-10-2006, 02:33 PM
I am trying to remember the dogs name myself. She was a Boston Terrier that HoHo had trained to only respond to commands if he spelled out d-o-g. He also had his daughter in the act as HaHa the clown.

Oh. An addition. KWTV had "Miss Fran from Storyland" and one other which I can not remember. Her first name was Jane.

GrandMaMa
07-10-2006, 06:23 PM
These last 2-3 weeks have been extremely busy for me...that's why I haven't been on. Let's see........we are very shorthanded at work, so I am working an average of 9-12 hours a day, with no breaks or lunch hours. After I get off work, I am off to my second job, which is lawn care. I have 7 lawns I mow, and as hot as it has been lately, I have been zapped by the time I get home (usually dusk).

To top all of this off, church camp (Falls Creek) starts in two weeks and I am in charge of organizing everything......from getting medical releases from over 70 students (7-12th grade), to ordering t-shirts, to making sure all of the right foods are purchased for the camp, and to make sure that all of the camp fees are paid. Yes, I have been really busy. As a matter of fact, lately I have been logging on to this site from a computer at church because I have not been home much. Somewhere, between work, mowing, and organizing church camp, I am actually finding time to spend with my family.

Starting tomorrow, my supervisor starts his 10 day vacation, and I am acting in his place. That means carrying my two way radio with me everywhere I go, staying in the city, and being on call for 24 hours a day until Sunday, June 25.

What is so bad is that Sunday is father's day, and I will get to spend it at work. I give up.:surrenderBut seriously Keith, what do you do after noon? Just kidding of course.:tweeted:

SoonerDave
07-10-2006, 10:12 PM
She was a Boston Terrier that HoHo had trained to only respond to commands if he spelled out d-o-g.

THAT'S IT! The dog's name was Dog!

I remember Miss Fran, but she was never quite as high-profile as HoHo or Foreman Scotty.

Foreman Scotty was a *great* local kids show. They'd bring in forty or fifty kids, interview everyone of them on TV for at least a minute or two, give away prizes with the Magic Lasso, the Friendship Wheel, and Polk-A-Dot.

Danny Williams, who played a sidekick named Willie, also played a bad guy named "The Count," who was always trying to "get" Foreman Scotty. Scotty then turned the Circle 4 Ranch into a variation of the Starship Enterprise with a "control center" from which he could "protect" the ranch from The Count. Heck, he even had a "teletransporter" that would beam him out of the "ranch" into all manner of dramatic situations. In retrospect, it clearly was supposed to look like Star Trek's Enterprise with its bright blinking lights and faux "view screens" and control panels. THinking about it, I realize it had to be a very expensive production for a local TV station to undertake.

I won a Channel Master transistor radio from Foreman Scotty that I still own to this day, and it works like a champ....

-SoonerDave

hailmary57yd
07-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Hmm.. Where did he go? In my case During I am taking break during weekend, Iusually do this **** in my home.

writerranger
07-11-2006, 10:09 AM
THAT'S IT! The dog's name was Dog!

I remember Miss Fran, but she was never quite as high-profile as HoHo or Foreman Scotty.

Foreman Scotty was a *great* local kids show. They'd bring in forty or fifty kids, interview everyone of them on TV for at least a minute or two, give away prizes with the Magic Lasso, the Friendship Wheel, and Polk-A-Dot.

Danny Williams, who played a sidekick named Willie, also played a bad guy named "The Count," who was always trying to "get" Foreman Scotty. Scotty then turned the Circle 4 Ranch into a variation of the Starship Enterprise with a "control center" from which he could "protect" the ranch from The Count. Heck, he even had a "teletransporter" that would beam him out of the "ranch" into all manner of dramatic situations. In retrospect, it clearly was supposed to look like Star Trek's Enterprise with its bright blinking lights and faux "view screens" and control panels. THinking about it, I realize it had to be a very expensive production for a local TV station to undertake.

I won a Channel Master transistor radio from Foreman Scotty that I still own to this day, and it works like a champ....

-SoonerDave

Hi Dave....

You can't mention Foreman Scotty without mentioning the birthday boy/girl getting to sit on Woody (the wooden horse)!
I'm with 'ya buddy, those are great memories!

----

My4sonsjrbm
07-11-2006, 11:34 AM
I actually haven't posted in awhile either. Four boys keep me busy. I've been trying to spend less time on the computer and more time with the fam.

I find it interesting the Michael, who started this thread, has not responded since it began. Weird. Has anyone noticed him posting anywhere else?

Martin
07-11-2006, 12:00 PM
maybe he's a sock puppet... -M

MadMonk
07-11-2006, 12:04 PM
I actually haven't posted in awhile either. Four boys keep me busy. I've been trying to spend less time on the computer and more time with the fam.

I find it interesting the Michael, who started this thread, has not responded since it began. Weird. Has anyone noticed him posting anywhere else?

And, that was his only post (so far). Maybe he's just shy and prefers to lurk. :)

writerranger
07-11-2006, 02:09 PM
maybe he's a sock puppet... -M

:) :) You beat me to it! :) :)