View Full Version : Get Motivated Seminar Tomorrow!!

ksearls
06-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Get Motivated Seminar Tomorrow!!

The Get Motivated Seminar will be in Oklahoma City at the Ford Center and Cox Center tomorrow, Wednesday June 14. 21,000 guests are expected for the event.

Police expect that thousands of vehicles will be added to the existing morning traffic. This may cause traffic issues, as well as filling garages to maximum capacity. All COTPA garages will open at 5:30 am, leaving spaces for contract parkers. The event is expected to conclude at 4:45pm, and this may cause some delays in departing the area.

The doors open at 6:45 am for one session that will run from 8 am to 5 pm with lunch break at 12:25.

Reno will be closed for bus/ pedestrian drop off area beginning at about 6:00 am.

metro
06-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Just got back, will reply more tomorrow. Who all attended and what did you think?

auntiec
06-14-2006, 06:44 PM
I attended and thought it was great! I really enjoyed the whole day.

escan
06-15-2006, 08:16 AM
I went for half a day. Ick! Sales convention and cheesy/hokey.

ksearls
06-15-2006, 09:23 AM
I agree escan, that RAH RAH B.S. is for the birds.

escan
06-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks Kim! You made my day! :) Glad I'm not the only one.

MadMonk
06-15-2006, 09:30 AM
I was going to go, but I just couldn't get motivated. ;)

metro
06-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I had a hunch going into it it was going to be gimicky. Heck, if you can bring your entire office for $50 bucks there had to be a catch. They couldn't afford to bring those types of speakers to a venue like that otherwise. Rudy Guiliani charges $100,000 per speech alone!! I would have rather paid more for it to be less cheesy and don't try and pitch me stuff all day long. I did get a little out of the speakers but would have preferred it to be more business and less sales. My favorite speakers were Krish (the Indian man), Rudolph Guiliani, and Bob Stoops, the rest were okay if that. I thought Zig Ziglar was not all that personally. Oh and what was up with the lady singing? Need I go there???

They need a marketing and PR makeover as well. Seemed very early 90's ish.

marteme
06-15-2006, 01:59 PM
I heard from a local that the speakers were great. Think you have to be in a receptive mood. Think they should call them something besides Motivational Seminars. Thats such a yesterday term and really puts most of us to sleep.

MadMonk
06-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Maybe this guy could've livened things up a bit. :)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d9/Matt_Foley%2C_Saturday_Night_Live.jpg

marteme
06-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Been to some "motivational seminars" as they call them with speakers like Tony Robbins, Dr. Laura etc. There are always some you can and should plan to miss but has anyone thought about the price. The events I have attended were large $$$ events in Dallas and other venues. I always wonder if they think perhaps Oklahomans wont turn out for things if the price isnt right. Please no scoldings. I have lived in the Boston area, Albuq area, NC, GA and Indiana. I have seen a bias other places as well. And when they put a lower price on something then we devalue it also. I think I have a thread to ponder here. I see the presence of having Seminars such as this in OKC as wonderful sort of measure that OKC and OK (is)moving in the right direction economically and socially. Not having to drive to Dallas or St Louis for something like this. I mean folks in OK pay $150 for the right concert tickets right? Good on Us is where Im at I guess.