View Full Version : FIFA World Cup

metro
06-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Any soccer fans here?e Anyone been watching the World. Cup? Anyone know of any official World Cup watch parties around town?

ronnieokc
06-16-2006, 07:26 AM
I am rooting for Argentina as I have done since my childhood. It's hard to keep up with the games during weekdays work schedule! But weekends are a treat.

Which team is everyone supporting?

Watch parties...???? I wish there were some! Maybe during the playoffs!

ibda12u
06-17-2006, 10:04 AM
I never got huge into soccer, till last year I got begged to join an adult indoor soccer league. I'm a big guy, and had no idea at all how to play soccer, but I loved it! And I even went out and bought a soccer ball, to practice with and have even been teaching my daughter. Sorry I said all that to say. I've been interested in the World Cup this year. I was rooting for USA, because I always do, but I really have no idea who can win it all.

ibda12u
06-17-2006, 10:05 AM
I am watching the Ghana vs Czech match right now though. GHANA SCORES!!!!

ibda12u
06-17-2006, 11:40 AM
GHANA SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!
2-0 so far. From what I'm guessing if Ghana beat Czech, then it helps the USA team somehow.

ibda12u
06-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Watch parties...???? I wish there were some! Maybe during the playoffs!

Ronnie I think this thread should be an online watch party! :) We should post what games we're watching and post the highlights.

:gossip:

plmccordj
06-17-2006, 02:05 PM
About a year ago the MLS was looking to move a team here. If that were to happen, we could play a role in this. I don't think it would affect our chances of the NBA being here since they are not even the same time of year.

Yodachaos
06-18-2006, 02:13 AM
they decided not to move the MLS team here. MLS had a huge incentive with UCO renovating the Soccer field.
I believe the 2 or 3 MLS games they had did not bring enough people to games.

I wish there were some World Cup watch parties as I would defenitally go to them. I am watchin the rerun of the Italy vs USA match and all I have to say is that the US did not deserve those two red cards. horrible refereeing IMO. The Italy person did deserve that card though for the elbo to the face of Mcbride.

ronnieokc
06-19-2006, 10:42 AM
I am not very hopeful for USA to go to 2nd round this time. I think Ghana will dominate. The only advantage US has over them is that the 2 key players for Ghana will be sidelined.

My focus in on Argentina! And I am a Anti-Brazil supporter! Thats just in soccer not anythign else! So, I am waiting for a match up between Arg vs. Bra. i think it will be THE game to watch. Obviously I think Arg so far is the scoring machine in the whole of WC teams.

metro
06-19-2006, 11:33 AM
That Argentina game on Friday was unbelievable. Of course I'm cheering for our home country USA but it is a long shot. ibda12u, I just joined an indoor adult co-ed league as well. It's fun and addicting, huh? Argentina is going to be the team to watch and Brazil as well.

Luke
06-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Surely, somewhere in town is having a watch party for Thursday morning's 9:00 AM US match. Anyone know anything? I don't get ESPN 2 (which I believe is the channel it's on), so I'd like to find somewhere to watch it other than the score ticker on the internet. If someone sets something up or there is something out there, gives us a heads up. Might be kinda fun to all get together for a watch party somewhere.

:)
Luke

Yodachaos
06-21-2006, 11:16 AM
I would definatly head on out if there is a watch party.

ksearls
06-21-2006, 11:17 AM
I know that they have had all the games on at Richey's in Oklahoma Tower. If you are a downtowner, you can sneak away and watch it there.

Kim

Yodachaos
06-21-2006, 12:13 PM
any place closer to the edmond area?

Luke
06-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Kim, do you know if they will be having a watch party at the Oklahoma Tower tomorrow morning? Who would I contact about that? I don't even know what Richey's is.

Thanks,
Luke

ksearls
06-21-2006, 08:06 PM
I doubt they are having any kind of party, it is just a deli/burger joint in our building. Sorry, no party info. Maybe the Old Germany guy is having one!

metro
06-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Old Germany has been having watch party's. Looks like the US is out though. Looks like Brazil is the heavy contender.

TStheThird
06-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Us Italians in Stillwater meet at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Azzurri.

metro
07-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Looks like France with the big upset. France vs. Italy on Sunday at 1pm battle for the Cup. Any watch parties going on?

Yodachaos
07-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Im hoping there will be. If there is any place in Bricktown that will be showing the game we could have a get together there.

metro
07-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Did anyone watch the game yesterday? Italy won after OT in a shootout. It was definitely a great game. I'm glad Italy won but I can't belive that guy from France; someone they say was one of the best players to have ever played the game, and after he had already announced retiring after the World Cup, would go out like he did and head butt the Italian guy and get kicked out of the game.

ksearls
07-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Boy, would I like to know what that Italian guy said!!

Did you see he won the golden ball despite his horrible behavior?

metro
07-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Seriously? I fell asleep halfway during the awards ceremony. I guess I missed that part. Wow.