View Full Version : Web Development with CMS

ibda12u
06-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Has any webmasters or developers dove into the powerful new world of Content Management Systems (CMS) out there? You've probably heard of some already like phpnuke. But I wanted to see if anyone has really gotten deep into them, me and a few other developer friends of mine have gotten some pretty slick results out of them. And they make keeping your site updated, a breeze.

The best part of a the new cms apps available, are most of them are free. So instead of paying a couple hundred bucks to find out if an app will work for you, you can try it for free, as a matter of fact theirs even a site http://opensourcecms.com where you can try out the app free online.

So for you developers till coding in notepad (like me), you should really give it a look.

okcpulse
06-09-2006, 05:10 PM
I am in the process of developing my own CMS for keeping www.okcpulse.com updated more easily. I am writing PHP and Javascript code taylored specifically for that site. I am also studying up on AJAX for a web app I would like to add to my site.

I will, however, give your link a look, as I have been writing code (among other projects) for a month.

ibda12u
06-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Excellent! Shoot me a link when you get it going. AJAX, I've gotta get more familiar with it. I'd like to understand the standards of it a bit better, although I'm writing some sorta Ajax code now.

okcpulse
06-10-2006, 02:52 PM
I will definetely do that.

luke911
07-02-2006, 12:28 AM
I don't have the talent to design a site from scrath so i've been using a CMS for years on various sites. I've currently moved all the sites I update often to Joomla though on my blog I run wordpress.