View Full Version : New Practice Facility in OKC

Patrick
06-09-2006, 07:32 AM
The lease doesnt mean jack. NOLA will never build the practice facility in time to get them back. Hornet insiders are already making plans for the stay. Practice facility is being designed right now for connection to the Ford center complex either directly or through the underground. I've seen preliminary sketches. It's a shame the way they are leading NO on. I think NO has been screwed over long enough.

Patrick
06-09-2006, 07:33 AM
The funny thing is that Dave Lopez sort of disagrees with the location, because this doesn't really go along with any of the numerous masterplans for the area south of downtown. The one I think he's big on suggests high rises and a large hotel complex to go on the other side of the Crosstown Boulevard instead of the practice facility...

So which would y'all rather have there? Really I'm not an expert, but I don't necessarily think that the practice facility HAS GOT TO BE connected to the Ford Center. But if anything, I would say it would give some character to the bland-looking arena.

floater
06-09-2006, 08:16 AM
I disagree, too. We need to be following the city's masterplan. There's nothing wrong with moving the practice facility further south. Maybe it could be part of a sports complex including a gymnastics training facility and new Int'l Gymnastics HOF home, recreational sports, and maybe even a football field.

The plan suggests high-end shopping (such as a Nordstrom's) and a corporate campus along Reno. That sounds right to me.

dcsooner
06-09-2006, 07:32 PM
I hope this is not some kind of joke and you guys have real knowledge of this being in the works. I don't want to be encouraged only to be disappointed because you guys saw some writing on a bathroom wall

OklaCity_75
06-09-2006, 08:10 PM
As I said before I think professional sports is at the bottom of New Orleans priorities right now.

The whole fuss about the Hornets just proves that their is still a lack of leadership in the state of Louisiana and the city of New Orleans.

A true leader would be focused on developing an effective disaster plan, rebuilding the city and making major improvements to city services. The last thing he/she would be worried about is professional sports.

dcsooner
06-10-2006, 04:16 AM
whether or not they should be discussing the Hornets is really not the point, They are and David Stern and everyone else associated with the situation are marching on toward a return to N.O. whether it's a good thing or not. Read yessterdas news from Stern. Let's move on to trying to land our own team

dcsooner
whether or not they should be discussing the Hornets is really not the point, They are and David Stern and everyone else associated with the situation are marching on toward a return to N.O. whether it's a good thing or not. Read yessterdas news from Stern. Let's move on to trying to land our own team

dcsooner