View Full Version : Gay Marriage Amendment

sweetdaisy
06-07-2006, 06:27 PM
I've been snooping around the board and haven't seen anyone discussing the Gay Marriage Ban Amendment that Bush was pushing...does anyone have an opinion on it? What do you think and why?

Personally, I think it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. With all the challenges that our country is faced with right now, why on earth would the republicans serve up this silly proposal?

windowphobe
06-07-2006, 07:38 PM
It's a no-risk maneuver: they get credit for proposing something high-minded, and no blowback from the fact that it can't possibly pass.

wolf2006
06-08-2006, 02:00 AM
It's just a way to distract from real issues facing the nation.

sweetdaisy
06-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Good to hear a couple of opinions. I was watching the news a couple nights ago, and "The Rant" was focused on the Amendment proposal. I was pretty surprised at the comments made by some Oklahomans. Granted, it's a small sampling of the comments received, but someone actually supported the Amendment b/c "the children of homosexual couples will be homosexual". HA HA HA!!! It gave me a good giggle, but made me sad at the closed-minded attitudes of some people.

I still can't believe our President thinks Gay Marriage is an issue that should be included in our Constitution. So much for diversity in America.

I've always been registered Republican, but that's going to have to change...I'm so disappointed in the party, it's hard to stomach. :(

quailcreekgal
06-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Gay marriage is a threat to society like the Da Vinci Code book and movie were a threat to Christianity. It:kicking: 's a non-issue so people will ignore real problems and that fact that so called leaders are doing nothing to solve real problems.

quailcreekgal
06-08-2006, 12:33 PM
So if gay couples have gay children and straight couples have straight children, then if all gay men have vasectomies, homosexuality will end, right?

fromdust
06-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Good to hear a couple of opinions. I was watching the news a couple nights ago, and "The Rant" was focused on the Amendment proposal. I was pretty surprised at the comments made by some Oklahomans. Granted, it's a small sampling of the comments received, but someone actually supported the Amendment b/c "the children of homosexual couples will be homosexual". HA HA HA!!! It gave me a good giggle, but made me sad at the closed-minded attitudes of some people.

I still can't believe our President thinks Gay Marriage is an issue that should be included in our Constitution. So much for diversity in America.

I've always been registered Republican, but that's going to have to change...I'm so disappointed in the party, it's hard to stomach. :(

remember there are other parties than the dems. because they arent any better than the elephants.

fromdust
06-08-2006, 06:12 PM
I've been snooping around the board and haven't seen anyone discussing the Gay Marriage Ban Amendment that Bush was pushing...does anyone have an opinion on it? What do you think and why?

Personally, I think it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. With all the challenges that our country is faced with right now, why on earth would the republicans serve up this silly proposal?

this is why i think they played through that. bush is now even losing the hardcore rightwinger, so in an attempt to bolster his core base the republicans threw this out there.