View Full Version : Sue?

Karried
06-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Has anyone had a chance to take the kids to see Sue? I'll be going in the next few weeks.. it should be fun for the kids. It's at the Sam Noble Museum in Norman. http://www.snomnh.ou.edu/exhibits/spex.html

A T. rex Named Sue
May 6 through July 30

Sue is the largest, most complete, and best preserved Tyrannosaurus rex ever discovered. She was discovered by fossil hunter Sue Hendrickson in 1990, near Faith, South Dakota. The centerpiece of the McDonald's sponsored exhibition is a breathtaking life-sized articulated cast skeleton of Sue. The exhibition tells the amazing story of this fossil through video footage, freestanding interactive exhibits, colorful graphics and touchable casts of bones. Interactive anatomical models will allow visitors to control the movements of a T. rex jaw, tail, neck and forelimbs. Visitors can put together a large-format 3D puzzle of Sue's skeleton, see the Cretaceous world through Sue's eyes, experience an eye-level view of Sue's massive skull and touch models of Sue's dagger-like 12" long teeth.

rxis
06-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Ah! I forgot about SUe. I often took my daughter to the museum on my way to turn in hw and stuff at OU. Thanks for the reminder. I can tell she is confused about where all the real dinosaurs are and why the ones at the museum are skeletons.

Karried
06-07-2006, 05:57 PM
LOL with all the LIttleFoot movies, it's no wonder the kids are confused..

My neighbor is taking the kids this weekend while I'm out of town.....boohoo, I wanted to take them myself but oh well... they will love it.

rxis
06-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Daughter wasn't very interested in Sue. She still loves the mammoth and family statue and the buffalo outside. She also goes wild in the cave.
The skeletons don't seem to interest her nearly as much anymore.

Karried
06-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah, my boys went this weekend and weren't too impressed... I guess with our technology and video games, they aren't so easily impressed anymore.