View Full Version : Christopher Reeves passes away...

Keith
10-11-2004, 05:11 AM
It's really sad news for all of us who enjoyed watching Christopher Reeves play Superman :( . "Superman" died this last weekend, due to heart failure. Christopher Reeves played superman, starting in 1978. In 1995, after a horse riding accident, he became paralyzed from the neck down.

He was very active in trying to get more studies done on spinal cord injuries. He would never give up, no matter what. He was a champion who touched the lives of many children and adults. He was an inspiration to many people.

Last Saturday, he went into a coma after going in to cardiac arrest. Shortly after that, he passed away......he was only 52 years old.

My thoughts and my parayers go out to his family and friends.

Joe Schmoe
10-11-2004, 06:18 AM
Yes, he was a good guy. Funny, I used to think he was just a pretty boy actor & it took awhile to see any talent. But at the time of his injury, he had begun to turn out some mature performances.

His boyish good looks & tall stature were taken away from him, but he didn't pull away. He stayed in the public eye when it would have been easier to just stay home & feel sorry for himself.

Ultimately he proved to be way more than a pretty boy actor.

God bless his family.

mranderson
10-11-2004, 08:46 AM
I usually watch Robin Marsh for awile before going into the message board. This morning I did just the opposite, therefore, not knowing about Christopher Reeve until I read it here.

Yes. It is ashame he died. Apparantly, it was a result of his accident nine years ago.

He has proven the legand of "Supeman." His will to survive an accident that would have killed most people really make him strong. I hope his work continues to help those like him.

Christopher Reeve 1952-2004.

floater
10-11-2004, 11:39 AM
That's sad. His attitude in the face of his paralysis was such an inspiration. If we had seen him walk again, the world would have been won over with faith and hope. That 's why I was hoping that if God were to ever grant blessing on one individual, it would be him. Seeing him walk again would have been such a powerful statement to never give up.

Instead, I hope his legacy will be in his advocacy of research to find better ways to cope with and recover from disability.

MasterWolf
10-12-2004, 08:23 PM
He will be greatly missed.

Patrick
10-12-2004, 10:24 PM
You know, I'm a firm believer of the thought that everything happens for a reason. Sure, Reeves will be greatly missed, and his loss will be felt for some time. I ask God for blessings and comfort during this time of grieving. At the same time, just look at how much hope this guy gave those suffering from debilitating injuries and diseases. He was their advocate. Not only did he fight for more funding for controlling deblillitating disease, but he also fought for continued research, especially in the area of stem cell research, an area that has so much promise. I praise Reeves for the dedication he gave to fighting for a cure for debillitating illnesses.

mranderson
10-13-2004, 07:48 AM
I wonder how long it will take a motion picure producer to buy the rights and film "The Christopher Reeve Story?" I would like to see it.

Joe Schmoe
10-13-2004, 08:10 AM
Life can be tough, but still miraculous. We were all blessed by the way he dealt with his accident.

Without it, he would have still been a second tier actor who's time had past, spending his money dabbling in hunter-jumper competitions.

Instead he had the greatest of personal tragedies, but drove the awareness & funding for spinal chord injuries.

I have very close loved ones who have been paralyzed by either stroke or spinal chord injuries, & its a hard thing to adjust to. And being a quad is the absolute worst! I think I would go insane! With his injury up so high on his spine, he was not ever going to live a long life. But he turned his tragedy into something wonderful for the rest of us.

Second tier actor, first rate human.

Patrick
10-14-2004, 07:06 PM
So true Joe Schmoe. He could've been bitter about his accident, but instead used it to try to benefit mankind! What an awesome gift! He has left a lasting legacy, not by his acting in Superman movies, but by what he did AFTER the accident.