View Full Version : Dog wanted

Ms.Relaxationstation
06-01-2006, 02:26 PM
I am searching for a new dog. I'm looking for a medium sized dog ( young or a little older is fine) that likes to play and is good with children. I've had my other dog for 15 years and we are about to have to put her down due to health reasons. My kids and ME really miss having a dog that goes everywhere with us and likes to play.

If anyone knows someone who is wanting to find a good home for a pet please let me know.

Thanks....

Intrepid
06-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Check the Pets and People web site. Yeah, you'd have to pay an adoption fee, but it's well worth it.

http://www.petsandpeople.com

sweetdaisy
06-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Ms. Relaxation, go to the OKC Animal Shelter! They have tons of dogs there just waiting for a good home. Plus, they're already spayed/neutered, have their shots, etc.

I recommend the Animal shelter first, b/c Pets & People is a no-kill facility. The OKC Shelter isn't there just yet (though they're working toward it!)

quailcreekgal
06-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Check with Petsmarts on Saturdays for dog and cat adoptions. Many dog breeds are represented in OKC with rescue groups as well - check the internet and I think the OKC Shelter can provide you with rescue group info.

bandnerd
06-02-2006, 08:42 AM
I second both Petsmart and Pets and People. Some of the Petsmarts in the area work with P&P to bring the most adoptable animals to the public since P&P is a bit of a drive for most Oklacitians. I have gotten two cats from that shelter and I couldn't be happier.

Also--the dogs brought to the Petsmarts will be free of any kinds of disease...including ringworm...the second cat I got from P&P was supposedly clear of his ringworm problem by the time we took him home, but the stress of moving brought it back and guess who got it? Me. Not my fiance, who is the true owner of the cat. Me.

mranderson
06-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Check with Petsmarts on Saturdays for dog and cat adoptions. Many dog breeds are represented in OKC with rescue groups as well - check the internet and I think the OKC Shelter can provide you with rescue group info.

PetSmart is where I got Holly, and as many of you know, she was the most loving dog I ever had. So, from experience, I very much recommend them.

escan
06-02-2006, 08:56 AM
I adopted my cat from Pets Mart(Safe Haven Animal Rescue) and then fostered a dog for them, but loved her so much we ended up keeping her.

sweetdaisy
06-02-2006, 04:06 PM
A friend from work has a Lab that is in perpetual "doggie daycare" due to his housing relocation. Apparently, the dog is a darling, but she's older. Don't know if you'd be interested, but I could get specifics for you if you'd like.

Keith
06-02-2006, 04:56 PM
A friend from work has a Lab that is in perpetual "doggie daycare" due to his housing relocation. Apparently, the dog is a darling, but she's older. Don't know if you'd be interested, but I could get specifics for you if you'd like.
My wife and kids rescued a puppy out of the middle of SW. 59th St. last week. The puppy had traffic all snarled. She brought it home, and we have had it ever since. She's a female, however, that's all we know. We already have a dog, so I am trying to give this puppy away. Very lovable and loves attention.

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/2/medium/Lady_002.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/2/medium/Lady_001.jpg