View Full Version : Dollar coins

Survey
05-31-2006, 12:43 PM
Anyone think we should eliminate the dollar bill and go just with the dollar coin? Seems like that would force more people to use the new dollar coins.

bandnerd
05-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Why should we force people to use the coins? I prefer paper money, personally. I keep track of it better.

Keith
05-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Why should we force people to use the coins? I prefer paper money, personally. I keep track of it better.
I received 2 dollar coins the other day as change, and I finally cashed them in to the credit union for cash. Nope, I'll stay with the paper dollar bill.

sweetdaisy
05-31-2006, 08:14 PM
Coins are too heavy and they don't fit in the wallet very well. Paper money all the way.
And as an added bonus, since they've been redesigning the bills, they're pretty to look at! :D

Keith
05-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Coins are too heavy and they don't fit in the wallet very well. Paper money all the way.
And as an added bonus, since they've been redesigning the bills, they're pretty to look at! :D
I'm married with two children....I never keep cash long enough to admire it.:LolLolLol

OklaCity_75
05-31-2006, 08:49 PM
I like both myself.

I take all my change and put in a jelly jar on my desk at the end of each day. When it fills up its off to the coinstar machine and I have an extra $30 I can blow on something useless.

It is just one little way I reward myself for sticking to a budget each month.

windowphobe
06-01-2006, 04:20 PM
I like the dollar coins. They're handy for throwing into toll baskets, and all the vending machines at work take them.

Survey
06-02-2006, 12:23 PM
I like the dollar coins. They're handy for throwing into toll baskets, and all the vending machines at work take them.

Sad part is our vending machines at work and the ones at the Post Office give out Susan B. Anthony's.
http://www.wikinfo.org/upload/7/75/Anthony_dollar_coin.jpg

What happened to the new dollar coins?
http://www.glencoe.com/sec/socialstudies/btt/lewis_clark/images/saca_coin.jpg