View Full Version : Where do I live?

tnajk
05-30-2006, 07:09 AM
:spin: We moved here from Denver recently. Purchased a newly built home in "Edmond" (It was advertised Edmond)

It's actually off Seward and I35. Really, almost exactly 1/2 way between Edmond and Guthrie! All of our legal closing paperwork says Edmond except the lot description which says Guthrie. The post office has been adjusting all of our mail to say Guthire instead of Edmond.

So, I checked the Guthrie map. As far as I can tell, we are not in Guthrie. It's "claimed" area ends at Seward and Pine (our closest major intersection) It incorporates the west side of that area and WE are on the east side! When looking at a large map that is shaded with the different cities we don't belong anywhere!

So, my question to anyone who reads this is.... Where do we live?! :dizzy: What do I tell people when they ask where I live when I don't even know!! LOL

Obviously we are in unincorporated Logan County...how can I tell which city is going to evenutally incorporate us?? :spin:

Midtowner
05-30-2006, 07:24 AM
Enjoy it. You can shoot guns and pop-off firecrackers.

Congrats!

Karried
05-30-2006, 08:15 AM
What school district are you in?

okiemom
05-30-2006, 08:38 AM
tnajk, I can relate to what you're saying. We're in an unincorporated area. Our mailing address is Chickasha. We have Chickasha electric and cable, Amber water, Friend school, Friend voting district and Friend Volunteer Fire Department.
We usually tell people who aren't familiar with the area that we live in Chickasha and those who are are told we live in Friend.
Enjoy your rural status.

windowphobe
05-30-2006, 05:50 PM
So far as I can tell, while the Edmond Post Office delivers a lot of mail in Logan County, the City of Edmond itself has not expanded past Waterloo Road.

City of Edmond Ward Map in PDF format:
http://www.edmondok.com/city_officials/ward_map.pdf