View Full Version : Bricktown Help

Spookytourchick
05-25-2006, 09:40 AM
I love Bricktown but apparently it getting in contact with them without "cash up front" is almost impossible.

Can anyone help me with who I should be talking to?

It is frustrating because because I am not throwing money at them they wont even talk with me. Its like the freaking mafia!

John
05-25-2006, 11:32 AM
What exactly are you trying to do and who do you want to contact?

Spookytourchick
05-25-2006, 11:42 AM
I contacted the Bricktown association and nobody will call me back. I contacted Key Magazine... they were rude to me also. (very rude)

I am writing book. I would like to include a Bricktown Chapter .
Apparently they have a problem with me re-introducing history through legends and ghost stories? It is free publicity and people travel to places with diverse culture, it is a known fact. Most towns I have worked with LOVE the concept and the book is not a just a spooky read, it gets people involved with History once again, especially my generation.

The book is the main thing, but if I can get some response or even a mild bit of support I could do more.

Patrick
05-25-2006, 12:15 PM
It's not like there are any legends or ghost stories in Bricktown. They probably think you're wasting their time.

writerranger
05-25-2006, 12:23 PM
It's not like there are any legends or ghost stories in Bricktown. They probably think you're wasting their time.

I'm not into the paranormal stuff, but I think it would be a fun thing for Bricktown's people to participate in whatever investigations, etc. for the book. I took a look at the SppokyTourChick's website and it's well done. The idea of a "spooky tour" type of thing, that includes Bricktown, would be interesting. Who knows what stories lurk in the doorways of those old warehouse buildings?

Boo!

-------

fsusurfer
05-25-2006, 01:17 PM

Patrick,

According to some people in the Deep Deuce area, the leaseing office for the Deep Deuce Appartments is "haunted". I've heard stories from several people that some weird stuff goes on there.

Patrick
05-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I was merely pointing out the attitudes of a few of the people at the Bricktown Assoc. They don't want to take the time of day to help some people.

Personally, I agree with Spooky. I think it's pretty rude. The least they could do is grant her an interview or something, so she can get some info. on her book. It's not like Jim Brewer is that busy. lol!

Spooky, you might go over to the leasing office at Deep Deuce and ask to speak with a manager. Maybe they'll fill you in. Or head on over to Brewer Enterprises. Jim has been in Bricktown longer than almost anyone else.

Spookytourchick
05-25-2006, 03:27 PM
The thing is im not wanting to trash the image of Bricktown. With all historical locations there are ghost stories attached to them. Perhaps they consider it a waste of time but the general public and consistant emails I get about Bricktown (from out of towners) should phase them.

The Deep Deuce has a rich Jazz History and I too have heard some of the stories attached to the area.

I dont feel that they think im wasting their time... I feel that they just dont really care about the past.
They have no clue to what their buildings once were or anything.
I contacted Jim Brewer and whoever emailed me back was just plain rude.
For all they know, I could be a wealthy person who wanted to do business in Bricktown.
They just treat people like crack heads. Hell, I even dress nice! Not like Im some stupid gothic teenager looking for a thrill.

metro
05-25-2006, 03:58 PM
I suggest you attend the next Bricktown Association planning meeting. They are about every 2 weeks. I usually post them in the Bricktown part of the site as well. You can also check the Journal Record, OKC Business, business calendars for upcoming meetings. They are free and open to the public and you can speak at them. It would be a good place to start.

Dungeon Master
05-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Hello Spooky and all,

The Bricktown Association holds their meetings once a month on a Tuesday (just trying to remember which Tuesday).
Spooky, I've got an appointment with Frank Sims from the association tomorrow morning. I'll visit with him on your book deal and see what I can do.
I think it's a great idea and feel the dungeon can help out with where we can.
Please PM me a little more on what you are after.

Spookytourchick
05-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Check your mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!