View Full Version : Body Language

Leon
05-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Anyone here ever studied it?
Ever think about the way the people you know behave in different situations?
Gives you quite an insight to their thinking.

Karried
05-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Body language is so important...wayyy more important than verbal communication.. if you know the signals you can respond accordingly..

Unsmiling and Crossed arms can mean a lot but usually say - stay away..I'm not open or receptive to what you are saying. I'm defensive and closed minded. (My suggestion - run like hell.)

Mirroring - if someone is unconsciously mirroring your moves, then they might be more willing to hear what you are saying and are interested in you.

Scanning the room, no eye contact = I'm more interested in the other side of the room.. I'm not into you

Darting eyes, can't look you in the eye - uncomfortable, may be untrustworthy - possibly lying like a dog

Smiling, wide gestures, touching your arm, hugging - go for it.

TomGirl
05-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Unsmiling and Crossed Arms - could mean "he/she acts so needy and stupid that if I make any type of friendly gesture, I'll never get rid of him/her, with a little work, maybe he/she will run like hell"

Mirroring - they may be trying to determine if your moves are of a sexually confused nature or you may actually be saying something interesting.

Scanning the Room, no eye contact - may be nervous around you, he/she may feel they could melt if they look into your eyes.

Darting eyes, can't look you in the eye - for god's sakes, stop staring at him/her and they may feel comfortable enough to look at you, again, they could just be really nervous around you.

Smiling, wide gestures, touching your arm, hugging - married!