View Full Version : gelato

traemac
05-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know where you can get gelato in the Oklahoma City area? I know there is a place off of main street in norman but it wasnt that great

John
05-18-2006, 03:05 PM
I wish we had a Paciugo in OKC. :(

metro
05-18-2006, 03:23 PM
I think there is a gelateria in Edmond.

traemac
05-18-2006, 03:27 PM
do you know where or what it is called

TStheThird
05-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Paciugo was going to open a gelateria in Edmond, but it is no longer listed on their website. I guess it fell trough.

I can make beautiful gelato. I contemplated opening one, but I could not put the right financial package together. I presuppose that I will open one in two years.

traemac
05-18-2006, 05:38 PM
I love that place, I stop there everytime I am in the Dallas area.

lpecan
11-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I love gelato, and am trying to make an exhaustive list of places to get it. Let me know if I've got all of them.

Giovannis (Britton)
Coco Flow (Western)
The Wedge (Western)
Il Dolce (Norman)
Allaus (Edmond)
Italiano's? (Lincoln)

I've been to Giovanni's a couple times, which seems adequate. I echo another poster from a different thread about "gummyness" with respect to Coco Flow. I stopped by italiano's last week after reading an ad in the gazette, though I was pretty sure I was eating ice cream. How do the other places stack up? Does the Wedge have a full selection?

dalelakin
11-03-2007, 11:18 PM
There is a new one in Mustang. Linos I believe it is on 152 just west of Mustang Rd.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-06-2007, 12:48 AM
There is a new one in Mustang. Linos I believe it is on 152 just west of Mustang Rd.

Yup...I ate there. I'd love to write a review, but it was the only time I've ever had gelato, so I'd be a bad judge.

It was tasty, I'll say that :)

Taggart
11-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Coco Flow is my favorite for Gelato.

There aren't any Los Angeles style gelato shops in OKC though, if that's what you're looking for. I was bummed because I'm used to LA gelato.

lpecan
11-07-2007, 08:46 PM
What is LA gelato? I don't know that I've heard of that.

John
11-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Allaus is pretty nice. It has a coffee shop type atmosphere, plus they have a patio in the 'courtyard' of the shopping center for when the weather cooperates.

Gelato is pretty good there, too. Good selection of flavors.

Taggart
11-08-2007, 11:01 AM
In LA, gelato is pretty trendy. There are shops EVERYWHERE.

They got bored with normal gelato so the spice it up by adding things to it such as fruit, crepes, nuts, fried shells. Pretty much all kinds of things.

We have places that mix in stuff here too, but there they make it more of an art thing. It's hard to explain.