View Full Version : Grapples

metro
05-16-2006, 01:02 PM
I thought I would review an actual food and not a restaurant. Today I decided to pack my lunch and I packed along with it a Grapple, one of my new favorite fruits. I've had them before and loved them. For those of you asking what is a Grapple it is a hybrid fruit. It's an apple that tastes like white grapes. Ahh the wonders of genetic modification. I love these things although they're more expensive than an regular apple or a bunch of grapes. Sold in a pack of 4 for $4

MadMonk
05-16-2006, 02:40 PM
On first glance I thought this post was about wrestling. :D

Anyway, those sound good. Where did ya get 'em?

John
05-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Target has a decent selection of hybrid fruit.

Grapples, Pluots, etc...

quailcreekgal
05-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Have you ever bought fresh figs in OKC? I'd like to try baking figs - had them in Italy and it was so delicious.

metro
05-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I love figs as well. I saw some at target and Wal-mart the other day. You can get the Grapples at Wal-Mart. They have a few other hybrids. SuperTarget probably has a better selection. You might try one of the farmers markets for fresh figs, don't know if they grow them around here or not?

quailcreekgal
05-17-2006, 07:01 AM
Target and Walmart at Memorial Rd and Penn? I try to get in and out of there so fast I've probably missed anything new and different.

metro
05-17-2006, 08:56 AM
No, I prefer to stay far away from the Memorial Corridor. But yes I'm sure they have it, I've seen it at numerous Target's and Wal-Marts. Their selections are usually about the same, if not exact.

tnajk
05-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Grapples are nothing more than a regular apple that has been soaked in Grape Juice! After purchasing them once a few months ago I was determined to find out how they made them taste the way they do. They are not true "hybrids". See for yourself...
http://www.grapplefruits.com/

I dunno, I can't seem to pay nearly $5 for 4 apples that have been soaked in apple juice. :rolleyes:

metro
05-31-2006, 12:06 PM
you mean grape juice but we get the point ;) interesting how their made though...