View Full Version : Red Robin

Survey
05-16-2006, 09:49 AM
At at Red Robin the other night on Memorial Rd. and Penn. I was actually pretty impressed. Service was excellent. Waiter even shook my hand. Food was better than expected. Prices weren't bad. I highly recommend this restaurant.

MadMonk
05-16-2006, 10:16 AM
I've been meaning to check this place out for lunch. Thanks for your input. What did you have to eat?

Rambo
05-16-2006, 10:29 AM
I went there a few months ago. I also thought it was good. I'm thinking I had a bacon cheeseburger. Their fries were excellent.

metro
05-16-2006, 10:34 AM
I've eaten there a few times. The food is good but the service has always been subpar. And it's a little pricey for burgers and fries, although it's all you can eat fries. A burger will run you about $10 after tax, plus you got your drink, dessert, tax and tip. It costs about $30 bucks for me and my girlfriend to eat there for two burgers, one drink, tax and tip. High if you ask me for burgers.

The burgers are great though. I had what I think is called the "red robin" which is a bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg on top. Sounds weird but it is excellent. The steak fries were average with anywhere else. I give the food an 8, service a 5, and the prices a 6.

Moondog
05-16-2006, 12:32 PM
We went to the Norman location the other night, and first of all, their chocolate malt is hands down the best I've ever had. It had the perfect level of creaminess and "chocolatey-ness" -- it was amazing! For an appetizer, we had the onion ring tower. The batter on the rings was perfect -- not too crunchy, not too soft. And I'm not a big onion ring person, but even I liked it. The dipping sauces were equally as good. And their freckled strawberry lemonade was delicious!

My chili cheeseburger on the other hand, I wasn't that impressed with. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't order it again. I hadn't eaten a chili cheeseburger in a long time and I think I realized that night that I'm just not a big fan of them anymore. The taste of the chili just seemed to conflict with the taste of the burger patty. The fries were good, but they weren't phenomenal. The waitress was ok. She seemed a little down in the dumps and wasn't very helpful when I asked her if she had any recommendations.

I'd give the place a B. The malt and the onion rings totally won me over.

John
05-16-2006, 01:45 PM
The chili cheeseburger is the only thing I've had there that I didn't like.

Everything else is great. Very good value for your money.