View Full Version : More exposure...

AFCM
05-15-2006, 11:49 AM
I know this may sound "Generation X" but I think a new way to get more exposure and broaden our online community is to set up a group on myspace. It may be a dumb idea because myspace is typically saturated with teens and college students (and the occasional predator looking for the teens), but for every 100 or so of those that don't care about things that happen in the city, there has to be atleast four or five that do. I'm just playing with numbers here, but I have to speculate there are a few that would join up; not only on the myspace group, but the okctalk community.

This was only an idea and I won't be at all offended if the majority of you say nay. I just know, for certain, that myspace gets a lot of hits daily and it's not difficult to attract members by invitation.

Pete
05-15-2006, 11:56 AM
If you'd like to set up the group, I'll join.

I'm on MySpace and belong to another handful of groups that are important to me.

metro
05-15-2006, 12:25 PM
I think it's a great idea. It will help this site reach a whole new audience that otherwise might not find this site. I'm sure it would also help OKCTalk's exposure and membership rates.

jbrown84
05-15-2006, 01:36 PM
I would join it as well. I'm www.myspace.com/number47

AFCM
08-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Bump. I started a myspace group back in July but I forgot all about it. It's still in it's infancy, but for those of you with myspace accounts, check it out.

To the moderators: If you want to take over or set up a new group, I'll hand over the sword. You are, after all, in charge of this site and have every right to be in charge for any group affiliated with this site.

Respectfully,
Jake

jbrown84
08-29-2006, 03:02 PM
can you give us a link?

Karried
08-29-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm in... let me know what to do...

ultimatesooner
08-30-2006, 09:32 AM
there is an okc group on myspace but i haven't looked at it in a while

jacimaeb
08-31-2006, 10:48 PM
I would like to join as well.

AFCM
09-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Sorry, I forgot to add the link.

http://groups.myspace.com/okctalk

PS: If you have any pics you'd like to add to the group, let me know.