View Full Version : Time to Start Vacation Plans

Karried
05-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Who is going on vacation this summer?

I've decided that life is just not worth living if you don't do things you really enjoy..and I enjoy vacationing..

I always remember hearing, "you regret most the things you don't do" and another favorite... "no one ever said on their death bed that they wished they spent more time at the office" Life is just too short.. I'm learning that daily. And I never know if we'll get a chance to do things 'later' - later might not ever come.. that's why I'm enjoying life Now!

Honestly, I hate seeing elderly people who waited their whole lives to finally start enjoying life going on vacation and they can hardly move! I don't get it.

My best friend just told me last night that her mom may have less than a year to live... her dad died of liver cancer 14 years ago at age 55.. a few years after he died, her mom decided to travel and took off in a motorhome by herself across country.. she was lonely but she vowed to enjoy life and travel as much as she could and she did, but now she has terminal cancer. At least, she experienced life, something her husband didn't do.. he died too young before he retired ( they always planned to travel after he retired).

It just makes you think about life and how quickly it goes by..

well, onto a lighter note..

Anyone have vacation plans? I'm counting down the days.. only 85 approx more days until D-Day...

Umbrella drinks, tradewinds and reggae music.. I simply cannot wait.

Keith
05-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Who is going on vacation this summer?

I've decided that life is just not worth living if you don't do things you really enjoy..and I enjoy vacationing..

I always remember hearing, "you regret most the things you don't do" and another favorite... "no one ever said on their death bed that they wished they spent more time at the office" Life is just too short.. I'm learning that daily. And I never know if we'll get a chance to do things 'later' - later might not ever come.. that's why I'm enjoying life Now!

Honestly, I hate seeing elderly people who waited their whole lives to finally start enjoying life going on vacation and they can hardly move! I don't get it.

My best friend just told me last night that her mom may have less than a year to live... her dad died of liver cancer 14 years ago at age 55.. a few years after he died, her mom decided to travel and took off in a motorhome by herself across country.. she was lonely but she vowed to enjoy life and travel as much as she could and she did, but now she has terminal cancer. At least, she experienced life, something her husband didn't do.. he died too young before he retired ( they always planned to travel after he retired).

It just makes you think about life and how quickly it goes by..

well, onto a lighter note..

Anyone have vacation plans? I'm counting down the days.. only 85 approx more days until D-Day...

Umbrella drinks, tradewinds and reggae music.. I simply cannot wait.
My "vacation" starts June 26. That's when I will be taking about 75 students, (7th - 12th grade) to church camp for a week. I will be in charge of everything this year, just like I was last year.

I don't know, though, if you call this a vacation or not.....getting no sleep for a week, participating in outdoor activities when the temps are in the upper 90's, and listening to over 75 active teenagers. I don't complain, because I really enjoy spending time with them. I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Karried
05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
In my opinion, if you enjoy it, it's a vacation.. doesn't matter what it is.. if you love it - it's a place away from work - it counts.

I always loved camp...

Midtowner
05-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Rome, Florence, and Venice!

10 days in Italy.

Luke
05-13-2006, 11:19 PM
San Antonio (honeymoon), Georgia (family reunion), Orlando and maybe even Vegas...

Curt
05-14-2006, 04:56 PM
No big plans just yet...with gas prices the way they are I am sure I wont be doing the trips I used to do or using the jet ski every weekend like I used to. But a trip to OKC and a trip to Mackinaw City are very likely.

windowphobe
05-14-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm doing my usual summer road trip - 4500 to 5000 miles. Route still undetermined.

Keith
05-14-2006, 08:28 PM
No big plans just yet...with gas prices the way they are I am sure I wont be doing the trips I used to do or using the jet ski every weekend like I used to. But a trip to OKC and a trip to Mackinaw City are very likely.
Hey, mariner, when you get the chance to come to OKC, get in contact with me or Patrick, and we will take you to dinner in Bricktown.

escan
05-15-2006, 01:48 PM
We, too, love to travel and our vacations sound a lot like yours Karrie (umbrella drinks and beaches), but we don't have children, so we like to travel during the school year and beat the crowds. We did Costa Rica in November and then Key West in February, so I'm trying to plan the next one....maybe a girl's trip to Isla Mujeres.

Patrick
05-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Looks like we'll be down a couple of moderators towards the end of June. My wife and I are leaving June 27th for Santa Fe, New Mexico....we'll be staying in Santa Fe 3 nights, and Taos 3 night. Can't wait!

Karried
05-15-2006, 02:43 PM
I'll be gone June 8-14 to California.. end of July will be for 10 days ..... Galveston for a few days and then onto Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman on a cruise .. it's a great way to vacation as a family because there are so many things the kids can do and have a great time. We always make so many memories.. we are going to go on a Stingray Tour where we get to feed them and pet them.. and snorkel. I'm really looking forward to that.

Curt
05-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey, mariner, when you get the chance to come to OKC, get in contact with me or Patrick, and we will take you to dinner in Bricktown.
Hey Keith...thats an offer I cannot refuse..either way next time I come I promise to post it..then whoever wants to get together to have dinner or kill me J/K...can make plans.

bandnerd
05-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Honeymoon for over a week, 5 days in Austin for a professional development trip, and 2-3 days in Tulsa (not sure if I'm staying or not yet, though) for the Oklahoma Bandmasters Convention.

Yeah, I'm a little busy this summer!