View Full Version : Qdoba coming to OKC

metro
05-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Qdoba recently leased 2,535 sq. ft. of space in Memorial Square shopping center. This will be their 1st metro area location with 6-8 more locations in negotiations right now.

John
05-11-2006, 02:31 PM
I saw that a while back. Good news for Memorial Square.

Too bad it's not a Chipotle. :(

ImproveOKC
05-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Would you mind telling us what Qdoba is?

TStheThird
05-11-2006, 10:24 PM
It is a burrito place like Chipotle or Freebirds...

ImproveOKC
05-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Oh, another Mexican chain place. Just what Memorial Rd. needs.

quailcreekgal
05-12-2006, 08:20 AM
I love all the chain clutter on Memorial Road - keeps the masses away from my favorite eating places. I still shop at Sams and Walmart but I try to limit that to once a month and I drive the turnpike to avoid some of the traffic.

bandnerd
05-12-2006, 08:33 AM
I might try it. At least they have some healthier alternatives than some of our other mexican places.

metro
05-12-2006, 09:08 AM
ImproveOKC here you go:

www.qdoba.com

The miracles of google......

Martin
05-12-2006, 11:42 AM
sounds interesting...

i miss atomic burrito... possibly the best fast-mexican chain i've ever been to. perhaps this place will live up to that. anybody ever been to both qdoba and atomic burrito? how does it stack up? -M

John
05-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Atomic Burrito really wasn't that special to me. I'd say it's there with Moe's, Qdoba and Freebirds.

Chipotle is the king of burrito establishments.

Martin
05-12-2006, 03:37 PM
i see... while i've never been to qdoba or freebirds i think that atomic burrito was way better than moe's is. i always went to the one in norman... maybe it was better than the average atomic burrito.

as for chipotle, i won't knock it till i try it but i'd find it hard ot believe that a chain owned by mcdonald's is all that spectacular. not knockin' it... just skeptical.

from the pics, qdoba seems a bit more upscale than moe's (at least in appearance)... is this the case? -M

BFizzy
05-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Chipotle has always seemed a little more fresh than Qdoba, but the ingredients taste exactly the same. Qdoba has a larger menu. Don't worry, Qdoba is so much better than Moe's.

I agree with mmm that Atomic Burrito was great. They had burritos, fish tacos, and a salsa bar with several types of salsa. I liked Atomic Burrito more than Chipotle, but Mission Burrito in Houston is probably the best burriteria that I have ever been too.

John
05-12-2006, 08:50 PM
as for chipotle, i won't knock it till i try it but i'd find it hard ot believe that a chain owned by mcdonald's is all that spectacular. not knockin' it... just skeptical.

While McD's now has a lot of interest in the Chipotle chain, they really haven't messed with anything. I'd classify them as more of an active investor.

Shake2005
05-13-2006, 01:22 AM
Atomic burrito I thought sold out to Qdoba, the owners of AB sold out and all locations should become Qdoba. The old AB owners are now Los Cabos and Tulsa,(Jenks)only so far, Houston, Omaha and Broken Arrow are on the way, not sure out OKC.

okcpd
05-13-2006, 06:14 PM
I love all the chain clutter on Memorial Road - keeps the masses away from my favorite eating places. I still shop at Sams and Walmart but I try to limit that to once a month and I drive the turnpike to avoid some of the traffic.

And where would your favorite eating places be? Hopefully not chain clutter. That's like eating cardboard. It's the same anywhere you go.

Midtowner
05-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Freebirds? Isn't that only in College Station?

TStheThird
05-14-2006, 12:07 AM
No, I have eaten at one in Austin.

oSutrooper
05-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Qdoba was bought by Jack in the box in 2003.... here come Jack...:tweeted:

quailcreekgal
05-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Let's see.....Pappa Dios, Chelinos (the small ones converted from Dairy Queens preferably), Jimmy's Egg (the older locations), City Bites, Boca Boca, the Ranch, Big Sky Bakery, Snow Pea, Metro, Saturn Grill and Leo's BBQ. Is it lunch time yet?

metro
05-15-2006, 09:18 AM

I agree. Let the suburbanites eat chain, keeps me from waiting time at the better local establishments.

quailcreekgal
05-15-2006, 10:21 AM
I wish there was a Mexican breakfast place - I love the miga's at Garcia's in Ft. Worth.