View Full Version : OKC must see events

AFCM
05-03-2006, 09:56 AM
What are some events you would suggest to an out-of-towner...assuming you're here during the right time of year? This is different from the tourist attraction thread. I couldn't find the poll link so I'm just going to write it out. If any of you have any suggestions, throw them in here. This is kind of a spin off of okcpulse's poll, which was a great thread idea.

Here are a couple of things I would take someone to see.

1. Opening Night

2. OKC Festival of the Arts

3. Anything 4th of July (maybe stock up at Firework City USA and go crazy in Mustang) Oklahoma is known for it's laid back approach towards personal fire work shows.

4. Western Days in Mustang

5. OK State Fair

6. Medieval Fair in Norman

7. I know a couple of places do small reenactments of the Land Run which would be cool to see.

Anyone else with ideas?

floater
05-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Red Earth, the deadCENTER Film Festival, and the Chuckwagon Festival put on by the National Cowboy Museum every Memorial Day weekend.

Karried
05-03-2006, 12:39 PM
We took our visitors from CA ( first time here) to the lighting of the Christmas tree in Bricktown and to see all of the lights. We brought them back the next day for the sledding in the Ballpark ( that was just so-so, they hadn't worked out the kinks yet and the lines were so long).
The next day we went to look at model homes so they could drool over what your housing dollar gets you here. Then we went to Bravo Italian and to Quail Springs Mall to see a movie. They were only here for the weekend so I tried to pack in everything I could.

Our other friends from CA we took to the Fourth of July Air Show.. it was hot but it was so fun to see the planes and Lee Greenwood. We went jet skiing at Lake Arcadia and saw the Stealth Bomber fly right over our heads... that was too cool. We went to the Bombing Memorial and cried like babies .... but it was touching and memorable.

okcpulse
05-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I love Reggae Fest in Bricktown. Definitely one awesome party. I would also suggest LibertyFest in Edmond, which would supplant the Anything Fourth of July category.