View Full Version : OKCTalk Advertising Event

Patrick
05-02-2006, 08:05 PM
To grow this forum, we really need to advetise it better. If we won't step up to the plate and advertise the site, it will simply die. I'm proposing that we meet on a Friday afternoon at a downtown parking garage to disperse fliars on people's cars. Please vote in the poll to let us know if you'd be interested in helping with this effort.

Not only will this help grow OKCTalk, but it will be a great experience to meet new people.

Patrick
05-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Keep voting please. Be honest.

OklaCity_75
05-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Well I would but I hate handbills with a passion.

I come out of work and I find those blasted things on my windshield all the time. I trash them as soon as I see them. It’s always some fly by night thing being advertised. Some businesses even post signs telling people not to post them.

I would rather raise funds for a 10-second TV spot or maybe a newspaper ad or even a billboard.

Has anybody ever thought of writing a press release to that new thing the Oklahoman is doing. My news, it allows people to post about whatever they want. They even claim that if it is a good news story, they will print it

Doug Loudenback
05-04-2006, 07:08 AM
What about something in the Gazette?

Karried
05-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Do you need a permit to pass out fliers?

I'm the same way, I loathe things stuck in my windshield wipers
but I do agree that we need to think of something.

MadMonk
05-04-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm the same way Karried. Most of the time they get thrown away without even looking at it.

How about issuing window stickers to every member? I wouldn't mind putting a reasonably sized sticker on my back window. I'm not sure how effective it would be, but it might generate some interest. Plus you can pick out your fellow OKCTalkers around town. :)

Patrick
05-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Okay, I agree with you guys. And you're right about an ad in the Oklahoma Gazette. We've checked into that before. I'm not sure why Todd didn't go that route.

How many of you guys would be interested in window stickers?

AFCM
05-04-2006, 10:44 AM
I'd be interested in a window sticker, but I don't think it has to stop there. I really want to become actively involved with the okctalk.com community and it's happenings, but I can't physically take part until I come back to the states.

Until then, I'll try to post as much as possible and hopefully contribute a little.

I'll see if I can come up with any other ideas. Right now, I think word of mouth would help. Tell all of your friends about the site and tell them to tell their friends, so on and so forth.

ibda12u
05-04-2006, 11:46 AM
I'd do a window sticker, or even a bumper sticker