View Full Version : What's your legacy?

Karried
05-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Will the world be a better place because you lived?

I admire people who make such a difference in this world .. I feel so insignificant at times..

What will be said about you at the end of your life - did you make a difference?

If you haven't yet, do you have any ideas of what would be a good way to make a difference?

sweetdaisy
05-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Great thread, Karried!

I can think of many people on this forum who are making and will make significant differences through their lives. I also admire those folks.

Recently, I've been challenged to find my true place in the world, and while it may take some time, I've started to pursue it wholeheartedly. The world WILL be a better place because of me.

Karried, while some people's contributions may seem enormous in comparison to what you do, just remember everyone makes a difference in their own way. You are raising two children to be quality individuals...you shape them every day. In addition, you help make people's dreams come true by finding them the perfect home...THAT'S HUGE. Never mind what you do for your husband, friends, and family.

Don't measure your life with someone else's yardstick. :)

mranderson
05-02-2006, 05:48 AM
Will the world be a better place? Yes. Because I was honest enough to speak my mind on OKC Talk.

What will people say about me? "He was honest, blunt, and had guts. And I wish I would have listend to him because he was right."

Karried
05-02-2006, 06:44 AM
Thanks Sweetdaisy! I like some things that Angelina Jolie is undertaking or Oprah.. or Bill Gates -making huge impacts on people's lives and countries. Of course, the common denominator is money. Which I don't have enough of!

Mr. Anderson, I was with you there for a second.. the 'being right' sort of threw me.

sweetdaisy
05-02-2006, 08:28 AM
LOL, Karried! I was just thinking this morning that I hope you're not comparing your life to what Angelina Jolie is doing!!! She even commented on how great it is that she's got the money to fund her projects. :) We're doing our part, girl...just in our own little ways.

floater
05-02-2006, 08:55 AM
This is a great thread, Karried. So introspective. At this point, I would like to leave just a good one, no matter what it is -- but right now I would settle for raising kids who will make their own positive impact on the world.

Midtowner
05-02-2006, 09:47 AM
And I wish I would have listend to him because he was right."

... on opposite day.

:poke:

On a more serious note, my legacy is something which I hope will extend far beyond OKCTalk. That's why I'm doing what I'm doing -- I do want to help people, and I do want to be able to really change lives.

This summer, I'm going to do some volunteer work for Oklahoma Lawyers for Children doing kinship home studies. As I progress in and complete my education, I'll probably do more for that group. When I graduate, of course I'll have an impact on people's lives -- attorneys do that :)

As for the legacy I've helped to leave thus far, I was a founding member of my fraternity chapter at UCO, and I contributed quite a bit to that coming to fruition. I have a little bit of a legacy going right now, but I'm nowhere close to finished.

I also haven't ruled out politics completely.