View Full Version : Trip To Tulsa

JOHNINSOKC
05-01-2006, 10:43 AM
I just took a weekend trip to Tulsa this past weekend and I must say that I was quite impressed with the city as a whole. It seems to be a very clean city and beautiful, with LOTS of big green trees. It was easy to get around, with very little traffic on the freeways compared to OKC. The only gridlock problem was 71st street near Woodland Hills Mall. There needs to be better traffic control in that area, but south Tulsa was really neat, architecturally.

Patrick
05-01-2006, 10:53 AM
I completely agree. I've always enjoyed traveling up to Tulsa. I love the foliage and older parts of town. Can't beat the area around Philbrook. Brookside is incredibly unique.

I try to stay away from 71st and Memorial as much as possible. Nothing unique there. Looks just like Memorial Rd. or NW Expressway here.

BG918
05-01-2006, 06:17 PM
71st Street between Memorial and Garnett and the area around it is exactly like parts of Memorial and Meridian in OKC. Of course the same can be said for many cities with miles of chain restaurants and big box retail. However 71st Street west of Memorial, and especially west of Yale, is a beautiful tree-lined blvd. through mostly hilly residential neighborhoods. The view heading west as you cross the hill above Evanston Ave. is especially nice as you descend into the river valley. 71st west of the river is just now starting to really develop, hopefully it will look better than the east part.

TStheThird
05-01-2006, 11:23 PM
I make a monthly trip to Kilkenney's. What a wonderful place...