View Full Version : Arts Festival & Festi-Friday Party tonight

metro
04-28-2006, 11:26 AM
All, just wanted to remind you to get out and see one of the world's largest arts festivals right here in our own backyard. Our urban backyard in downtown OKC. The festival runs through Friday.

If your not doing anything tonight from 8-11pm or you want to start your evening off a little differently, head to the Festi-Friday party at the Stage Center. There is a $5 cover charge and that covers free heavy hors' d' voures from OKC's top restaurants and entertainment. Mixed drinks will also be available for less than clubs and restaurants charge. DJ Dvyne will be spinning some house and dance tunes in the cabaret and outdoor balcony areas and Edgar Cruz will wain you with some acoustic rock in the indoor amphiteater. This is the place to see and be seen tonight. Of course I'm on the committee that puts on this event(shameless plug), but honestly it is a happening party. And best of all all profits go to benefit the Arts Council of OKC. It's a great place to hang out after the arts festival and before you hit Bricktown. Due to alcohol being served, its ages 21+.

For more info:

http://newsok.com/article/1828554/

or

www.artscouncilokc.com

sweetdaisy
04-28-2006, 02:12 PM
All, just wanted to remind you to get out and see one of the world's largest arts festivals right here in our own backyard. Our urban backyard in downtown OKC. The festival runs through Friday.

Strictly from a curiosity standpoint, what constitutes this being one of the world's largest arts festivals? Is it attendance or number of vendors or square footage? It seems a bit small to me, but maybe it's b/c I don't go over to the kid's area.

metro
04-28-2006, 02:41 PM
I know attendance wise and maybe size wise, I'm not sure.

One another note, the Festi-Friday will go on rain or shine tonight, it's indoors, the outdoor balcony's might be closed however. See you there!!

Karried
04-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Festival runs all weekend correct?

"The 40th Festival of the Arts is produced by the Arts Council of Oklahoma City. The festival continues from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. today and Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. "

Midtowner
04-28-2006, 04:29 PM
How come they had to plan the Arts Festival on the weekend before my finals???

John
04-28-2006, 05:49 PM
How come they had to plan the Arts Festival on the weekend before my finals???

Maybe your school could have seen when the Arts Festival was before planning their finals! ;)

Karried
04-28-2006, 06:01 PM
How

Karried
04-28-2006, 06:02 PM
How come it always rains on this event ( yeah I know, Spring may have something to do with it!)

It just never fails..it seems every year, it rains.

sweetdaisy
04-28-2006, 07:18 PM
It's the Arts Council's fault for planning the festival when it's supposed to rain. Kinda like them scheduling it before Midtowner's finals. ;)

My question about the Arts Festival: Why do the T-shirts suck so bad? I remember when the designs used to be "artsy". Now they're BORING.

sweetdaisy
04-28-2006, 07:20 PM
BTW, Karried, are you really going to complain that we're getting some rain?

I was actually excited that the Arts Festival was coming up b/c I knew we were FINALLY going to get the rain! :)

metro
04-29-2006, 12:59 PM
I thought this year's design was the first decent one. I might actually get one this time around.