View Full Version : Bravo Cucina Italiana

metro
04-23-2006, 10:59 AM
I ate there yesterday with my significant other. It didn't do anything for me but she thought it was good. She had the Caesar Salad $7.95 and the complimentary bread and dipping sauce. I had the Pasta Yandolino $11.95. It was good but not any more impressive than Zio's. The portions were okay but smaller than Zio's. For dessert we had the Chocolate Truffle Cake topped with Vanilla Italian Gelato. It was good but not what we ordered. It was similar to the dessert we ordered and didn't notice until afterwards.

escan
04-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Glad to read what you thought. I'll say in one more time.... :) I just DO NOT like chain Italian places. Blech!

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
04-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I wasn't impressed with this place either.

metro
04-25-2006, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I don't recommend going there. It's not even a true Italian place. Very limited "Italian" selections. I prefer Zio's or the old Tommy's.

John
04-25-2006, 09:49 AM
...the old Tommy's.

You'd have to head to Bellini's, as the old Tommy's is now a Poblano Grill.

metro
04-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Right. But someone told me the owner of Bellini's( and the former Tommy's) also has a interest in the Vito's restaurante on N. May and that it is similar to Tommy's. Anyone know if this is true?

John
04-25-2006, 11:44 AM
I'm not so sure about that. Vito's is owned by the Cummings family, who also own Boca Boca. That I know of, there is no connection to Tommy Byrd.

You can get anything that Tommy's served at Bellini's, though.

metro
04-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks for clearing up the rumor!

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
04-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I don't recommend going there. It's not even a true Italian place. Very limited "Italian" selections. I prefer Zio's or the old Tommy's.
That's what I thought. I thought maybe it was just me, but the menu did seem lacking of Italian selections.